Valentines Day

Brittany's POV:

Today is my first Valentines Day with Santana- my first one where I am actually celebrating with someone that I love. In previous years, I had acted like I was okay with just having sex with any jock who wanted it, however all I wanted was to be with Santana. I never enjoyed it, but now I have the chance I have been waiting for for years. Stressful is an understatement.

I always thought that I was one for grand gestures and all that, but it feels like anything I can think of is insignificant- like it wouldn't be enough because it can't possibly convey how much I love her. We have told both of our parents that we are staying at the other's house when we have really booked a motel. What can I say? It's our first Valentines together and I intend to celebrate it right.

I was talking to Lord Tubbington- trying to stop him from telling my parents where I was really going today- when San messaged me to say that she was outside. I love the days when she picks me up because I get to listen to her singing along to our playlist, we talk about pretty much anything and our hands never leave each other. It's perfect.

"Hey Baby!" I smiled with a short kiss as I got into the car.

"Hey, happy Valentines Day, Babe!" she said and brought me in for a more passionate kiss. We kept going until we were forced to come up for air. "I love you," she whispered, bringing me in for a hug. She is very loving today- obviously we are always all over each other and it is Valentines, but there seems to be something else.

Santana's POV:

"Are you ok?" she asked gently. I should have known that she would pick up on it- she does know me better than anyone.

"Yeah," I sighed, "I just feel guilty..."

"What about?" I loved how patient she was and she never seemed patronising.

"My Mom... this is her first Valentines Day without my Dad. They were high school sweethearts and I know that she still loves him, they're just apart because of me- because I'm gay. It makes me feel like shit because I know that if I had just been normal then she would still be happy."

"San, you know that it isn't your fault. You can't change who you are." She sounded desperate, desperate for me to understand what she was saying.

"I-I know..." I nodded sadly. "Thank you for making me see sense, now come on, let's go to school and get this day started!" I tried to seem a lot happier than I was because I didn't want to ruin our first Valentines together. Before I could pull away, she grabbed my arm and made me look at her.

"I love you. You are perfect. You are everything and you do not need to blame yourself for this. I love you." she said sternly. I collapsed into her arms again.

"I love you so much," I said with a shaky breath. "I'm sorry for being such a mess..."

"Hey, look at me," I did, "never apologise for how you feel." I nodded and hugged her once more before driving to school.

She is perfect- I love her so much and I just need a way to show it to her.

~~~~~

Brittany's POV:

San and I walked into school to meet up with Quinn. We were expecting her to either be alone or with Rachel, but instead she was with that new kid with the big lips- what was his name? Simone? Sarah? Stuart? Sam? Sam! Sam was his name!

"Shit, B, Rach is not going to like this..." San whispered as we saw them kissing next to the lockers. We stood there awkwardly, watching them suck each other's faces, just waiting for them to notice us. "This is a fun way to spend Valentines day, isn't it," she joked and I laughed a little.