Bad News

A/N: Sorry if any of you got notifications for this chapter earlier and I confused you. I accidentally published it with only 103 words, sorry. Hope you enjoy :)

Brittany's POV:

Santana hasn't gone back to sleep or really spoken since she woke up from her nightmare, so I just held her close to me. I think that Kurt may have gotten a little frightened at how she was acting- a lot of people have seen her cry since she was outed, but nobody but me has really seen her quite so vulnerable- he didn't know how to deal with it.

"Are you okay, Baby?" I asked softly, just hoping that I would get a response from her. Honestly, I would rather be shouted at than not know. I mean, I know that she is not okay, I just need to understand how bad it is. She nodded softly against my chest. We were watching the Lion King still so that was distracting her. "I love you,"

"I love you too," she said in a small voice. "I'm sorry if I worried you."

"Don't be sorry, San," I pressed a kiss to the top of her head, "will you talk to me about it later?" I asked hopefully. I had a good idea of what it was about, but I never completely know because she never wants to re-live it. I waited patiently for her to think through all of the options, but she didn't end up replying. I decided not to press it, and just continued holding her close to me.

After another ten minutes, the seatbelt sign came on and we were told that we are about to land. For the first time since we were in the air, Santana sat up against the back of her chair instead of leaning on me. I missed the contact, if I'm honest, so I grabbed her hand and she sent me a small smile.

~~~~~

"Are you going to be alright on your own for a bit?" I asked hesitantly as we were walking towards the gate. Our parents were picking us up at the airport and we had to go separately- apparently they missed us. I really didn't want to leave San when she was like this. "It will only be for a few hours," I added. As soon as I was able to leave, I was going to head over to her house and just hold her. Even if she doesn't vocalise it, I always know what she wants- more than anything, she wants someone to make her feel safe.

"Babe," she rolled up onto her toes and placed a kiss on my cheek. "I will be fine, I'm just going out with Mom and then you can come stay later," she told me, smiling. I knew that it was exaggerated for my sake- I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong.

"It's just with what happened earlier-"

"Britt." She said sternly and pulled me to the side so that we weren't walking in the middle of a crowd. "Like you said, it is only for a few hours." I nodded hesitantly, "I know that you're worried, but you need to be able to have a good time with Ash and your family. You don't need to think about me constantly, I don't like holding you back from doing things you enjoy."

"You know that it isn't like that, San,"

"I know that you don't blame me for it. But if you keep doing it, then you are going to forget who you are and end up resenting me for your only personality being 'my girlfriend'. I love you, okay? I love you for who you are, and I don't want that to change because I have nightmares every so often."

"I guess that makes sense," I sighed, "but if you need me, you have to promise that you will ca-" she cut me off by pressing her lips to mine.

"I will call you. I promise," she held out her pinky and I smiled- she must mean it. "Now come on, our parents are waiting for us."

"Do we have to call them parents?" I asked and she looked at me confused. Her eyebrow was raised which I realised meant that she wanted some kind of explanation to my madness. "I mean, they are separating us which I think classes as child abuse." San looked at me quizzically, probably trying to work out if I was being serious. "Honestly, Babe, we should press charges or something,"