Dirt

Brittany's POV:

Once San and I made up, we just stayed cuddled up in my bed. We needed it, the closeness, we needed to be able to comfort each other. I never realised how insecure she was, I should have because of all that has happened, but I didn't. We didn't move all weekend apart from to go to the bathroom and get food. This was our first argument and neither of us wanted to be far apart- it was like, if we let go of each other, we would never be able to find our way back.

We even skipped school on Monday. My parents didn't try to protest. Despite not knowing what actually happened, they knew that something was wrong. We just laid there in silence, I was holding her and she was backed up into me.

"We should talk," I whispered. This was the first time that I had tried to make conversation. She shuffled around in my embrace and looked up to me.

"Do we have to?" her voice was raspy, a mixture of her not speaking and the little water she had drunk in the past few days.

"You know we do," I nodded sadly. "Why didn't you talk to me about how you were feeling?" I asked gently.

"I-" she started before moving closer to me and inhaling a shaky breath. "I didn't want to give you any more reason to leave me..."

"What do you mean, Honey?"

"I have already put so much on you th-that I thought it would be too much. I- I don't know," she sighed and I tightened my grip on her.

"I promise, I will never leave you over something like that. Just talk to me, Baby, don't be scared." I kissed the top of her head, "Talk to me, and we can work through anything,"

"I love you, Britty." she said and I kissed her again.

"I love you too,"

~~~~~

We decided that we had to go back to school on Tuesday because Regionals were this week and we needed to prepare. I was getting another dance duet with Mike, but we were yet to actually set a set list. Rachel had convinced everyone that we should do original songs, however none of us actually know how to write music. It could be a disaster.

We walked into the choir room for the Glee meeting (it was before school today) and Kurt and Mercedes ran up to us, embracing us in a hug.

"Thank god you guys are okay!" Cedes cheered and San and I just laughed a bit. "Why are you laughing? This is not funny! We were worried about you!"

"Okay, okay, sorry." San sighed, "We worked it all out and we're good again now." they nodded and we all sat down. "It's kinda funny how invested they are in our relationship, huh?" she whispered jokingly.

"I guess that's just how awesome we are," I said with a laugh. She rested her head on my shoulder as we waited for Schuester to start the lesson. We watched Quinn walk in a few minutes after everyone had settled, and saw her lock eyes with Rachel. San tensed as she saw the interaction- she still blames herself. "It's not your fault," I said in a barely audible tone so that only she could hear. She nodded a little, hesitantly, as she came in closer to me.

"Alright guys!" Mr Schue said as he walked in the room. "Regionals are this weekend and we need to work on our songs!" He handed San and I rhyming dictionaries because, yesterday when we weren't here, the others already got theirs. "We need two hit songs if this is going to work! Does anyone have anything prepared?" he asked and, surprisingly, not even Rachel said yes. "Alright, we have got to get going!"

~~~~~

"So are you going to write a song?" I asked San while we were at our lockers. Glee had just finished and I don't think that either of us got very far with the song writing.