Friendship

Santana's POV:

The day was going quite slow so far, after doubting mine and Britt's decision to stay hidden, we went to first period. I needed to tell Cedes and Lady Hummel today and we were both going to tell Q. I would be lying if I said I wasn't shitting myself. I know that Cedes is ok with it, and Hummel is gay too and he constantly tells me that he is there to talk if I need it- I'm pretty sure he knows. Then there is Q, apparently, Britt has told her that she is in love with me and she was ok with it so, we can I hope I guess.

Luckily, first period was with a teacher who just lets us to fuck all and I was sat next to Cedes, I think that this was the best time to do it. I know that I put on a bitchy exterior, but this is really hard, talking about my feelings is the one thing which is pretty much guaranteed to make me emotional.

"So what happened last night after you left?" she asked, I guess that this conversation is starting now. "I'm assuming that it is something good because when the freshman accidentally tripped you, you didn't go all Lima Heights on her." she joked mockingly. I shook my head, laughing a little through a sigh.

"I spoke, a lot," I started. Dragging this out painfully slow because I enjoyed making her squirm. "Then..." I just looked at her, I was probably enjoying this a bit too much.

"Come on, San!" she whined. I laughed again before continuing.

"We're together," I said in a hushed tone. I really wanted to give her all the details but we are in a crowded classroom. When I saw her start to get excited I added "control yourself, we aren't telling people." That came across harsher than I intended. "Sorry. Only you, Kurt and Q are going to know for now, until I am ready, at least." she nodded understandingly, her smile still so wide.

"I'm so happy for you, San. I knew you could do it!" She says, trying to keep a hold of her excitement. I just smiled and tried to concentrate for the rest of the lesson.

~~~~~

I had a free period second, so after saying goodbye to Mercedes, I took out my phone and messaged Lady Hummel.

To Lady Hummel:

Lady Hummel! Meet me in the usual classroom now.

I knew that he would come, he had a free period too and when I message him it isn't usually for nothing. Everybody thinks that we hate each other because of the names that I call him, but we are actually good friends. I really look up to him, he has been through so much and still manages to stay strong. I try my best to shield him from it, but he still might transfer schools. What has happened to him is one of the reasons I am so scared to come out. Don't people realise that it's not a choice? If it were, I sure as hell wouldn't choose this life of discrimination and unjustified hate. Well maybe I would, if it meant that I could have Brittany. I guess all I want is for what I am to be normal, we are just like everyone else.

From Lady Hummel:
O

n my way, be there in 2.

As soon as I receive the message, I make my way to the classroom on the older side of school. There aren't many classes there anymore, just if a sub needs a different place to go or for testing. I walk into the classroom and sit on one of the tables. Whoever said gays couldn't sit on chairs properly? They were right.

About 30 seconds after I sat down, Kurt comes in and takes a seat next to me.

"So Satan, what's up?" he asks. We have nicknames for each other that others would take as insults, but for us it is just a way of showing we love each other.