Dancing Queens

Santana's POV:

I was supposed to be meeting Britt in ten minutes at Breadstix so Rachel and I were on our way there now. She seemed to be walking kind of slow, where as I was going as quickly as I could- I wanted to see my Britt-Britt.

After our talk earlier, Rachel seems a lot quieter, I know I was getting annoyed at her singing constantly, but I am really worried about her. It is painful to think that I might have made Brittany feel this way, that I hurt her this much and did nothing about it.

"You alright, Hobbit?" I asked gently. I know that I am still calling her names, but it is how I show affection. Besides, it is an incredibly hard habit to break.

"Not really, I don't even want to go to this thing," she sighed.

"Come here," I said and pulled her in for a quick hug before holding her at arms length and saying, "just try and forget about it all for tonight. You only get one Junior Prom- enjoy it! You look amazing and you have a hot- but completely gay- date." I joked. "You know that I can't stand you most of the time, but you always have Britt and I. I know, it is weird to think that we are friends now, huh?" I laughed, hoping to get a smile out of her.

"Thanks Santana," she said with a weak smile. "also, Jesse is not gay..."

"Uh-huh, and I'm straight," we both ended up laughing as we continued our walk to Breadstix.

~~~~~

When we arrived, we saw Quinn standing outside.

"Hey Q, where's B? You had better not have killed her." I said seriously to which she just laughed.

"Relax San, she's just inside using the bathroom." She smiled before turning to Rachel- this is going to be awkward. "Hey Rach, you look beautiful," she exhaled before realising what she had said. "I-I mean you both do. We're definitely going to be the hottest bitches in there," I noticed the tension between Quinn and Rachel as they were staring longingly into each other's eyes, so I decided to try and break it.

"Hells yes we are!" I cheered and they finally looked away from each other. "Hey Rach, why don't you go see if Jesse is in there yet?" She nodded and started to make her way in, "We'll see you later," I forced a smile because, all of a sudden, all of my insecurities started coming to the surface.

"I'm going to go and see Finn, here are Britt's things," Quinn said but, before she could leave, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. "What's going on San?"

"Stall Britt, please. I need to find something different to wear, I need to redo my hair and make-up, I need to do everything again. This isn't right, she'd going to hate it. This needs to be perfect. Stop her until I can make everything right, please, Q!" I said frantically. This is our first prom together and she is going to hate me if it isn't right- she will leave me and I will be alone.

"San, calm down. Okay, just breathe for me,"

"N-No, there's no time. I need to go back t-to... Quinn please help me!"

"San, you look amazing, Britt is going to love i-"

"No she isn't. She is going to hate the colour because it is too dark- you know she only likes bright things. This dress is like a metaphor for everything that is going to go wrong in our relationship: she is going to realise that I'm not enough and hate me. I can't do that, Q! I can't-"

"Santana, listen to me." She said sternly and it made me look up at her temporarily. "Brittany is not going to care about how you look. That girl is so in love with you- I have known it from the first day that you brought her to sit with us at lunch. You know that she hasn't stopped talking about how excited she is to be able to dance with you today, just to be able to go to prom with you? Britt won't care if you are looking as hot as you are right now, or if you look like you just woke up- she will always love you. I would give anything to have what you guys have. Just calm down- everything will be perfect to the two of you because you will have each other. Okay?" I nodded slightly and she brought me in for a hug. "You two are meant to be with each other, you love each other so much and everything will be better if you do it together. This is going to be okay,"