West Side Story

Santana's POV:

Today is the day- West Side Story. I don't think I have ever been more nervous to go to school...okay, that's a lie. I guess that, in comparison to after I was outed, this should be easy.

My mom and Emily were coming to watch which only makes it more nerve-wracking, especially as the last time Em saw us perform was at Nationals. I know that I can't keep blaming myself for how everything turned out, but I still threatened to hurt Rachel- I need to stop thinking about that or I'm not going to get through it. Just because Emily was there both times does not mean that the same thing will happen.

Britt's family are coming too, but she is completely avoiding that subject- I know better than to bring it up. She's so scared that they are going to believe the school and, as much as I want to tell her that's crazy, I can't know for sure. We are together all the time, and we would do anything for each other, but Britt would never cheat. I can only hope that they know that too.

"Morning, Baby," Britt smiled as she sat beside me. "You were already gone when I woke up. I thought you would have wanted a shower this morning." I looked around to make sure that there was no one there before replying with a small smirk playing at my lips.

"I'll always want a shower when it is with you. But I'm still a little worn out after last night."

"Did I or did I not warn you that I was going to make it up to you?" I was just about to go in for a kiss, remembering how amazing it was, when I heard someone clear their throat behind us. Britt and I both froze at the sound, silently praying that it was not my mom.

"Do you two ever stop? Like, I know I have said this before but, you're seventeen!" I let out the breath that I had been holding and finally looked round to her.

"Emily... how long have you been stood there?"

"Long enough to hear about things that I never wanted to know about. I mean, seriously guys, seventeen-"

"Oh, shut it. Like you were any better when you were our age," I protested and she just shrugged.

"At least I was better at covering it up-"

"In our defence, I checked to make sure that no one was there. If you'd like I could go into great detail about-"

"Morning, Maribel!" Britt interrupted with a nudge at my side. Luckily, she was only at the top of the stairs and wouldn't have heard our conversation. I really don't need the lesbian sex talk from my mom.

"Thanks, B," I whispered and shot Emily a glare. "Morning, Mami."

"Morning," she smiled and poured herself a cup of coffee. I am pretty sure that she is who I get my near coffee addiction from. "So, the show starts at 6 tonight, right?" Britt and I both nodded.

"You ready to go?" I asked Britt after a brief conversation with Emily and my mom. She looked confused but nodded regardless.

It was earlier than we usually leave because I wanted to go to the Lima Bean before school. It was always relaxing in the morning, and we were out of hot chocolate so B couldn't have her usual one at home. I don't want her to miss out because we forgot.

"So how are you feeling about being on opposite sides?" She asked with a small smirk- I don't really know why she looked like that, but it was cute.

"Uh, I don't know..."

"At least you get to be a dolphin-"

"Baby, I already told you, it's the Sharks."

"Yeah, but you're gay."