Unicorns, Bubbles and Finding Nemo

Santana's POV:

It's been a couple of days since Quinn was in her accident and things still haven't gone back to normal, not that we really expected them to. Everyone is walking around in a daze. I still can't believe we could have lost her- I'm trying not to think about it, but it's hard when I see her confined to her bed or a wheelchair.

She ended up being paralysed from the waist down and, other than that, it was just a few cuts and bruises. She was lucky, I guess, because she's starting to regain feeling, but there's still no guarantee that she'll ever walk again.

The thing that bothers me most is the happy front she is putting on and how it seems so natural. She's being so positive that it's like it should be fake, but everything that she's doing makes it seem genuine. It's strange, and I don't know yet whether it's concerning or not.

Britt and I have been trying to visit her as much as we can and, every time that we do, Rachel is there. She looks exhausted, but she insists that she has gone home at some point. There isn't even any completely unsubtle flirting between the two of them like there always is- it's weird.

Britt's away today for a college interview, so I planned to use the day to catch up on work that I've been missing out on.

I sat on my usual chair with my laptop and my headphones over my ears, playing the soundtrack to Little Shop of Horrors, while my mom rushed around the house getting ready for work.

"San," I heard my mom's voice say, slightly muffled as a result of the headphones. I slid them down so that they were around my neck instead and looked up to her. "I'm going now," she told me. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I replied with a smile. I don't really know why she always asks, it's not like she could have just dropped everything if I said that I wouldn't be. I mean, she'd definitely try, but she wouldn't be able to.

"I'll see you later, okay? Let me know if you go out anywhere."

"Will do,"

"Okay, have fun," she put her hand on my shoulder gently before grabbing her bag and walking towards the door. I heard the door open, but it didn't shut again for a while. Instead, I heard her having a conversation with someone that I couldn't quite make out. I wanted to be interested, but I wasn't, so I just put my headphones on properly again and went back to doing my work.

I was enjoying the song- Suddenly Seymour- when I was hit with a cushion and my headphones were knocked off my head.

"Hey!" I looked up to see Emily who was stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. I rolled my eyes and put my laptop to the side so that I could reach my headphones without it restricting me. "What are you doing here?"

"We're going out," she replied.

"Pass,"

"Come on, San!" She whined. "I sent Aimee to a spa for the day and we go home soon, so this is going to be one of our last days to spend together. Wait... Why are you smirking?"

"Are you trying to get Aimee to break up with you?"

"No..." She said, confused. "Why?"

"You sent her on a spa day... in Lima."

"Just get ready," she sighed.

"Fine," I huffed and logged off of my laptop.

"Where's Britt? Is she coming too?" I smiled a little at her willingness to include Britt in our cousinly bonding time before shaking my head.

"She's not here today,"

"No? Where is she?"

"She's got an interview at OSU," I replied. I told my mom that she was seeing family to avoid the questions about my own future, but it's not like Emily is going to lecture me.