The Worst Spanish Teacher

Santana's POV:

Usually, I can cope with how terrible Schue is as a Spanish teacher because he is pretty good in Glee, but this is just crossing a line. What made him think that his rendition of La Cucaracha with himself, Artie, Finn, Puck and the band guys that no one knows the names of wearing sombreros would be appropriate? Not only is it unprofessional and unproductive, but it's also offensive. Seriously, why?

I honestly don't understand how Schue was hired as a Spanish teacher when he doesn't speak a word of the language, but I guess that's just another example of how shitty this school is. They don't care about our education at all. As long as we're getting them the funding they need, they're happy.

They all just look so stupid with their maracas and idiotic hats. I know that they don't know any better, so I can't really blame them, but it's hard not to when they're so enthusiastic about something that Schuester should be discouraging.

I want to leave.

I looked over to Britt who was sat on the other side of the room, and she was tapping her foot along to the music but looked just as confused and disgusted as me. She can never sit still with upbeat music, even if it's terrible. I smiled at her slightly, and she did the same when she noticed me watching her.

When they finally stopped singing, Schue just handed out a reading task for us to complete without another word. I glanced at it and rolled my eyes at the number of mistakes. He either uses someone else's resources and then can't mark it correctly, or he writes huge chunks of text with millions of errors.

To pass, we basically need to speak the level of a seven-year-old native Spanish speaker, so it's going to be easy for me, but I honestly feel so sorry for the other people in the class who have to try and understand this shit. It's like he just put the whole paragraph in Google Translate and got that to do it instead of him putting the work in- he probably did, to be honest.

Why a Spanish teacher, Schue? Out of everything, why this?

He's wasting everybody's time and hindering their education. It's not right.

~~~~~

"Alright, guys!" Schue shouted as he came into the room. There were maracas on the chair closest to the whiteboard, so I decided to sit there. I may have hated it when Schue was using them, but I do still love them. They're just fun. "Let me ask you something," I'm okay, thanks, Schuester. "Where do you think you'll be in the year 2030?" He asked while writing 2030 on the board.

"Broadway," Kurt and Rachel said at the same time. They were both so excited last week when they got their NYADA letters announcing that they're both finalists. According to Kurt, Burt was so happy that he even begged Kurt to let him tell Blaine. They really have come a long way from Burt avoiding the fact that Kurt's gay to him being so close with his boyfriend. "Twinsies,"

"Walking," Artie answered.

"In jail, or dead. Or both." Well, you didn't have to be so sad, Puckerman. Artie's was so positive, why can't you try and be like him?

"Wherever you are," Schuester started, not taking notice of everyone's shocked looks at Puckerman's depressing answer. "Whatever you're doing, you're going to need to be able to speak Spanish." So when are you learning, Schue? "The reality is, by 2030, more people on this planet will be speaking Spanish than any other language. The world is changing. Our culture is changing. And that needs to be reflected in here. So, for our next assignment, we're only doing songs written or performed by someone Latin, or of Latin descent. Or, English songs performed bilingually."

"Ooh, I'm bilingual," Britt said happily. I love her. She always makes my mood flip when I'm getting annoyed at Schuester being a hypocrite. Seriously, who is he to tell us that we need to learn the language when he doesn't even know it? Of course, I want more people to know Spanish, even if it means that I can't insult people without them knowing anymore, but he's just annoying. Maybe this is more to do with my problems with him and not about the language.