One Month

Brittany's POV:

San and her mom had left today after breakfast and we haven't seen each other since. It is currently 23.58 on the 26th of December- 2 minutes until our one month anniversary. I know that it is stupid to be excited for something as small as this, but I never thought we would get here. She always used to shut me, and everyone else, out to protect herself, but now she is open about how she feels. I have been in love with her since the first time I saw her and I can't explain the happiness I feel when I hear her say that she loves me too.

I have my phone ready on her contact to call her as soon as it turns to the 27th. I keep watching the clock on it with my finger hovering above the symbol. I am trying to think of what I might say when I talk to her, but words cannot express how much I feel from even just the sound of her voice. The time changes to 00.00 and I immediately hit call.

Phone call between Britt and San

Hello?
Her sleepy voice is so cute. I'm pretty sure that I just woke her up and she hasn't checked the caller ID so she doesn't know it is me.

Hey, Baby, happy anniversary!

Britt? What time is it?

Midnight. Sorry that I woke you...
I suddenly felt guilty for interrupting her sleep.

No, no, Baby. Don't apologise. Happy Anniversary! I love you, so much.

I love you too. I'll let you get back to sleeping now, see you later, Babe.

See you later, I love you, B

~~~~~

At 11.45am I made my way to Breadstix to meet San. I would have picked her up but we agreed that it would be best to meet up outside- honestly I'm not sure why I said yes because we haven't seen each other in about a day and I miss her... I think I'm clingy. We said no presents because one month isn't that big and it was Christmas two days ago so it is just dates and probably a lot of sweet lady kisses. There are a lot of parts of today that I am worried about because it is making me feel like a bad girlfriend, what kind of partner doesn't get their girlfriend a present or pick them up for the date?

Just when my thoughts were getting overwhelming, I saw the most beautiful person coming towards me. My breath hitched and I was unashamedly looking her up and down. I can not wait to take that off her later.

"Hey," I breathed out when she got closer to me, "you look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself," she joked and brought me in for a short kiss. "Sh-should we head in?" she stuttered and I laughed a bit at how nervous she was, we have been dating for a month already. I interlocked our fingers as we made our way to the VIP booth.

Santana's POV:

Today was mine and B's one month anniversary. At first, I thought that it was stupid to celebrate something so small, but I love her more than anything and I knew that it was important to her. Part of me was so happy that we were celebrating because I backed out of giving her the most important Christmas present that I got her. I thought that it was too soon and that she would think I was crazy.

We headed into the restaurant after a small conversation where I may or may not have stuttered- why does she still make me so nervous? I reserved the VIP booth for us, it is a special occasion and she only deserves the best, I don't care how many favours I had to call in. The VIP booth was- as described- only for the most special people, It usually takes a long time to reserve it but, when you do, you are pretty much guaranteed to have an amazing time. She and I had not been lucky enough to be seated there before- because it cost so much extra- but I wanted to make the first anniversary that we celebrate together memorable. I know that we might not make it out of high school, but I know that she is my first (and probably only) love.