The Final Day

Brittany's POV:

"Fuck." I heard whispered as I woke up. I didn't open my eyes yet because I'm too tired, but I felt beside me for Santana- she wasn't there. "Shit." She muttered. At least I know her voice so I don't have to be worried about some random stranger in my hotel room.

"Why are you up so early?" I murmured.

"Britt?" She must have turned around because I heard something fall from the table where, I assume, she was. "Shit," I opened my eyes to see her on the floor, picking up a plastic knife. When she looked in my direction, I quirked an eyebrow to ask her what she was doing. "It's the only knife I could get without my ID..." She shrugged innocently. I sat up a little and tried to see what she was doing.

"Uh-huh, and why do you need a knife? Are you planning on killing someone, or..." I joked. She moved to the side and let me see the food she had bought. "Oh good, cause that one wouldn't do any harm. You need something much sharper."

"What the-" she looked so confused, I love it. "B, I'm taking you on a picnic, not trying to kill someone." I couldn't stop a wide smile from appearing on my face at her thoughtfulness. When she saw it, she relaxed a little. "Of course, we have to pack first,  but..."

"I love you."

"I love you too. There are bagels there for breakfast, and I'll help you with packing once I'm done here." While here, we found the best bagel place- Bo's Bagels. Since we found it, we've been trying a different kind and spread each time. San's favourite is just a plain bagel with Nutella, but she does like the bialys too. I've been more willing to try everything, and I love the pumpernickel with cream cheese. It isn't exactly a breakfast food, but I've never really understood why there are certain foods for different meals when said meals can be eaten at pretty much any time of day. Neither of us have tried a bagel-dog yet, although I'm sure our apprehension is understandable.

"Thanks." I walked over to her and kissed her cheek before opening the bag. "Why didn't you wake me up? We could have gotten this stuff together."

"Like you said, it's really early," she shrugged. "Besides, I was planning on surprising you, but you kind of woke up when I was getting it ready."

"Oh, sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" She laughed, "You can't help when you wake up."

"True. What time is it, anyway?"

"Uh," she pulled out her phone. "8.08."

"Ugh, so early."

"I know, but I just wanted to get this done in case you did want to go out. You can go back to sleep for a bit if you want,"

"No, I'm good," I smiled. "Now will you eat with me?"

"If you insist," she rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay, so, I got me my usual, you your favourite as it's the last day, and I also got the bagel dog if you want to try it. I just got the one because I wasn't sure if either of us would really want it. I thought we could share if we both wanted to try."

"Okay, thank you, Baby." I broke it into smaller pieces, and handed her one. "To our last day in New York,"

"To our last day in New York." She repeated, joining our pieces of bagel together.

~~~~~

"I've got to say, Babe, I think that we spent way too much money these past few weeks," San laughed a little. 

We finished our breakfast- the bagel dog was surprisingly amazing- and started packing, but there are a few more things than I actually remember buying. I honestly don't know how we're going to be able to fly it all home.