Promposals

A/N: I don't usually do these at the beginning of the chapters, but I just thought that I would let you know that there will be a lot of alternating POVs and it is pretty much a filler chapter with how each couple/ person gets their date for the prom in the next chapter. Hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~

Rachel's POV:

It's that time of year again- the time when unpopular kids like me are left longing for someone to save them from their overwhelming aloneness- prom. It has been a few weeks since Regionals and neither Quinn nor Finn have really spoken to me. I think that Finn has been avoiding me to give me some space to make the decision, but I don't know about Quinn. I feel like I should stop pining over her, but I think that I am in love with her- it's all just so confusing. And then there is Finn, I was not expecting him to say that. Of course I still love him, he was my first love, but I don't know if I want to be with him. It isn't fair for either of them for me to date while I am still figuring it out but, in the meantime, I am left on my own. The old me would start singing Les Miserables, but I don't even want to do that.

Mr Schue made a deal with Figgins that he would fund our travel to Nationals if we performed at the prom. It was a no-brainer for him but, whenever we perform in front of the school, someone gets hurt, we start a riot, or I get thrown up on. I am currently in the auditorium searching for the right song to sing- it can be no less than perfect.

"You should do 'Jar of Hearts'." I heard a familiar voice say from a distance. I looked up at the back entrance to the auditorium and saw Jesse. Jesse and I dated for a while in Sophomore year, I thought that we really cared about each other but then he cracked an egg on my head. I still have nightmares of all of he mothers of the little baby chicks coming after me for revenge, sometimes.

"J-Jesse, what are you doing here?"

"I came back to see you, Rachel," he admitted. "What I did to you... that is my one great regret."

"Yeah, it was kind of weird. One day you were telling me that you loved me, and then you were inexplicably throwing eggs at my head the next." I avoided eye contact with him the whole time to stop all of the unwanted memories from coming back.

"I know, I know. I traded love for a fourth consecutive national championship. It was a bum deal. For a first maybe, but for a fourth, no way. I've come to make amends." he paused, allowing me to take in everything that he had just said. "So what are you doing for prom?" he asked. I stayed silent and he waited patiently, grabbing onto my hand to comfort me. "I know that you probably don't feel anything for me anymore, but you can always confide in me about things, I just hope that you trust me enough that we can be friends."

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked and he nodded. "It's a long story..."

"I've got time," he smiled and I nodded slowly. I led him to the seats in the front row and I then went on to tell him about everything from Santana's outing to Finn's confession. Finn and Jesse had never been friends but he still listened without judgement. It was nice to be able to get all these feelings out without interruptions. Santana and Brittany know, sure, but they have a habit of inserting their opinions. That is something which I would usually appreciate (which I think is why they do it) but, for some reason, I didn't.

"So... you're into Quinn?"

"Yes,"

"And she is not being clear about her feelings or out?"

"No, and please don't tell anyone,"

"And Finn is into you?"

"Yes,"