Competitions

Santana's POV:

"Baby," I heard Britt say as she shook me awake. I stayed as still as I could because I wanted to stay in bed. "Baby, we need to get ready now or we will be late." When I refused to move, she started to kiss every inch of my face. I was trying so hard to keep from smiling, but, when I felt how soft her lips were, I couldn't stop it. "Ha! I knew you were awake! Get up, come on."

"Britty, I no wanna go to school today," I mumbled in a voice which would be incoherent to anyone but her.

"I know, Baby, but we have to..."

"But-" she cut me off with a kiss to stop me from protesting any further.

"Listen, Honey, I don't want to go today either, but we don't have a choice. If we don't compete today then we just left Glee for no reason," that actually made sense... "Now I'm going to have a shower, your mom is at work and there is coffee for you there," she pointed to the cabinet next to my bed. I reached over and took a sip- thanking her and admiring how well she knew me. She left me for her shower after I had drunk about half the cup, but I decided that I could finish it later- I followed her into the shower and got a wake-up call better than any coffee I have ever tasted.

~~~~~

We walked into the school gates and saw Quinn standing outside, we went up to her and we just waited for the school day to start in an awkward silence. We had stood in this position so many times before- we are the Unholy Trinity after all- but it had never been uncomfortable. I took Britt's hand in mine to feel a little more at ease, however it only helped a bit before Quinn decided to say something.

"Do you two have to be so damn touchy and lovey and I can't keep my hands off you-ey all the time? It's frustrating to look at!" she groaned and Britt and I shared a confused look.

"I'm sorry what?" I tried to keep my temper in check. I know that she is going through stuff at the moment, but she doesn't have to bring us down too.

"You two are constantly touching and showing your love- it gets annoying after a while!"

"Look, Q, we get that you're struggling, but don't take your shit out on us!"

"San..." Britt whispered, telling me to be careful.

"Just talk to us, Quinn. You know that you can trust us... You don't need to be embarrassed or guarded- we are best friends." my voice was gentler now because I knew that Britt was right.

"I-I know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that..." she sighed. I wrapped my arms around her and Britt followed.

"It's gonna be ok," I whispered and repeated it while she was in our embrace. We stayed there for a few minutes, Britt and I just trying to show that we are there for her.

"Threesome!" We heard someone yell which jolted us apart. Puck walked over to us, laughing, "Be sure to include me, ladies," he joked.

"In your dreams, Fuckerman. Now did you want anything or do you just enjoy interrupting quality friend time with your sick ideas of a foursome?" I said in the same joking tone.

"Just wanted to see why you decided to leave Glee, I guess."

"We have already told you all, it was between Cheerios and Glee and Cheerios keeps us safe in this hell-hole." I began to feel guilty for it all over again. "We all wish that we could have stayed, maybe we could join up again next year. We just need the protection right now. Quinn is only just regaining status after the pregnancy and Britt and I have just come out. We all know that high school is not a nice place to be at the best of times, let alone when your rep is almost non-existent."