Election

Santana's POV:

Last night was perfect, everything went exactly how I wanted it to, but better. We didn't have to worry about someone walking in or hearing us, it hasn't been like that in a long time. And it wasn't even just the sex- that's always amazing- it just felt so perfect. Since a year has now passed, it's like I can be sure that this isn't just a fling- that I'm not just some high school experiment. I know she loves me but, because our relationship started through our friendship, there was always something in the back of my mind telling me that it was just a trial for her.

Now, I am in Eggy's office, waiting for the next session to start. It sucks that I have to be here when B and I should still be celebrating, but I am pretty sure that she would prefer this. She is big on me sticking to the two sessions a week, and will drop everything to come with me if I want her to.

After the usual opening conversation about how I am and what the past few days have been like, we finally began.

"So, today I want to talk about your trust issues."

"I don't have-" she raised her eyebrows, causing me to sigh. "Fine, I guess that's kind of accurate."

"What do you think caused them?"

"Hm, probably skincare products," I shrugged, she looked so confused it was laughable.

"Skincare products?" She questioned, trying not to sound judgemental.

"Yeah, you know how some of them actually make you break out, or something, so that you keep buying their product?" She nodded skeptically. "Well, people are a lot like that. Some of them, anyway. They seem to help you, or be good for you, but most of the time it is only if there is something in it for them, or to betray you later on. Just because something appears good, or was for a while, doesn't mean that it always will be- and you don't know what anyone is capable of. Some people intend to hurt you, some do it accidentally, and very few are capable of never hurting anyone or doing anything bad. You just don't know who will do shit to you and who won't."

"Wow-"

"Oh, and, you know, being closeted for most of my life, outed and disowned. That probably had something to do with it too, but I'm still set on the skincare products."

~~~~~

Monday

"Britt, Baby, it's time to wake up." I told her, gently moving her hair so that it was no longer in the middle of her face, and pressed my lips to hers softly. "It's election day." I hoped that would motivate her to get up, but she just groaned and turned over so that her front was on the bed and her head was buried in the pillows. I sighed and moved closer to her, wrapping my arms around her torso.

"This is weird," she whispered, which made us both laugh a little.

"Tell me about it," I joked before tightening my hold on her. "I know you're disappointed with how the campaign went, Baby, but you've got the votes you needed- you saw JBI's poll."

"I know, and I am really happy about that, but I won as who they want me to be, not who I am. It kind of loses it's effect."

"When you win, you're going to show them who you really are, and what you're capable of."

"They're not going to listen to any of my ideas,"

"What do you mean? Don't they have to?"

"Come on, San, they voted for the dumb, slutty blonde."

"Britt, look at me." She didn't. "Please?" When she did, I cupped her cheek and ran my thumb up and down it. "Never call yourself that. Baby, they know nothing about you. You are the smartest, kindest, most perfect person I have ever met. I don't think I will ever understand how I got so lucky to have you in my life, let alone as my best friend and girlfriend. Me, Glee Club, your family, we all know you and how amazing you are. That's all that matters because we will not rest until the whole world knows it. I love you, Brittany. We all do. Just- Please don't think that of yourself. You are so much better."