The Lion King

Santana's POV:

I woke up this morning with an unfamiliar sense of happiness. Don't get me wrong, I am always so happy when I open my eyes to see Britt in all her natural beauty, with her arm draped over my waist. Her hair is always so messy, I guess she moves around quite a lot, but she never looks more beautiful than when she is sleeping. She is completely carefree, and I love seeing that side to her. She doesn't worry about Lord Tubbington and his addictions, or me and my problems. I think that is the only downside to her caring so much- she can never take a break from worrying. That's probably why I love watching her sleep so much; she's always happy.

There is just something about New York. The atmosphere is indescribable and, even though our room doesn't have the best view of the city, it is still so incredibly beautiful. I want to live out here some day. I think that, with the magic of New York (and hopefully Britt too), nothing will ever seem quite as bad as it is.

I don't know what Britt has planned for today, but I don't think I have ever been this excited for one of our dates. Well, I'm always more excited for them than I thought was possible, but this city just makes me think that whatever we're supposed to do will completely defy all expectations. The rules don't apply here.

"Britt-Britt, I don't know what time we need to get up," I whispered, not wanting us to miss out. We're both pretty exhausted after last night- I guess she kept her promise about it being the best night of my life.

"M'kay," she mumbled, "what time is it now?" I grabbed my phone from the bedside table to check.

"Uh, 8.16am," I replied. Say what you like, but it is always best to be precise. She nodded sleepily and sat up a little.

"So, I was thinking that we leave to get to the diner for breakfast by about 10am, which means that we don't really have to start moving for another 44 minutes..." she has started to say timings specifically now too, and I love it.

"Oh yeah? And what do you want to do until then?"

"I don't know," she joked. I rolled my eyes playfully and pressed my lips to hers- we both knew what we were going to do anyway.

~~~~~

"After you, Milady," Britt said in a really strange (but cute), posh accent that almost sounded British as she guided me to our table. We had spent a little longer getting ready than we intended for the same reason as always, but Britt says we still have time, and I trust her.

The good thing about us being here later is that most of the people who came for breakfast are already gone, and the lunch people aren't here yet. That means that it is relatively quiet- as quiet as New York can be, anyway.

"So where are we going today, B?"

"That's a surprise, Babe,"

"Can I have a hint?" I pouted for extra effect. I know that I am the same, but it's funny how defenceless she is against it, despite me completely stealing it from her. However, she knew me too well and avoided looking at me. "Please?"

"It's in New York," she smiled triumphantly at her answer, and I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you so smart?" I huffed, reaching over the table to take her hand in mine. "I love you."

"I love you too,"

Our food came a few minutes later, and we ate in a comfortable silence. It's the best thing about us knowing each other so well- the silences are never awkward or unwanted, we just enjoy each other's company.

"So, I never asked you: how was Christmas shopping with Finn?"

"That was ages ago," I laughed a little at her randomness. "But it was pretty good. We went to the jewellery shop, and you know how much I love it there."