Family

Santana's POV:

"Hey, Babe, are you ready to go?" Britt called out from downstairs. Her family have returned today and we were going to see them. Britt thinks that I am up here finishing off my make-up, but I am really sat on the bed, trying to calm myself down. I ruined their vacation. I took their daughter away from them. And, more than anything, I know that they will see me differently now.

Whitney and Pierce are the most understanding and loving parents- alongside my mom- but this changes things. They will be worried that something like this will happen again, and silently hate me for putting their daughter, and whole family, through this. When I see them again, it will be confirmed that I have let them down. They trusted me to be strong enough, and I'm just not.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Britt say softly. She sat beside me and took my hand in hers gently. I sighed and rested my head on her shoulder. I didn't hear her come up, but I'm glad that she's here.

"Why do things change?" It wasn't the answer to the question she asked, but I knew that she would be able to work it out. I've been a lot happier since I started my sessions with Eggy. I mean, not happy as such, but things have gotten a little easier. I feel... lighter? But, at the same time, I'm exhausted. Talking about how I feel and what has happened takes it out of me. I usually hide my feelings so well that I only access the negative things in the middle of a break down.

"I don't know. Some things change for the better, some change for worse, and some things never change. What are you worried about changing?"

"More people are going to start finding out about this. And when they do, everything will change. Some will use it against me, some will laugh, and others will just avoid the subject entirely. But it will all be different regardless."

"You don't have to tell anyone, Babe, just who you want to know."

"I think that we both know nothing stays a secret for long in that place. I mean, look at how everything went with being gay," I sighed, "I'm sorry I'm bringing you down." I know that she was excited about seeing her family again, and now I am making her be serious.

"Never be sorry for saying how you feel." She said sternly and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Baby. And I know one thing that will never change,"

"What?" I gave her a small smile when I heard her change in tone.

"My love for you,"

"And your use of cliché but completely loveable lines?" I smirked and she nodded seriously. "Well I'm very happy about that," I pressed my lips to hers and smiled into the kiss. "I don't want to tell people," I said nervously when we pulled away.

"About what, Babe?"

"Therapy. I've been thinking about it a lot, and I am happy I'm there, but it's..."

"I get it, Baby," kiss, "you don't have to tell anyone." kiss, "Us, my parents, your family and Kurt are the only ones who know so far," kiss, "and they should know that they aren't allowed to tell." kiss. I nodded and took her hand again.

"Let's go see your family, Baby," I smiled and went in for another quick kiss.

~~~~~

"You know they don't judge you, right?" she told me and I sighed a little at the way she knew me so well. "San, they love you the same way that they did before. This doesn't change anything." I gave her a surprisingly convincing smile and nodded. I guess that the only way we will know for sure is to go in instead of being camped out in the car.