One Year

Santana's POV:

After the Mash-Off, Britt and I decided to stay at my house. My mom had to do the night shift, so we were alone in the house once she left after dinner. It's safe to say that Britt and I took full advantage of the situation- we were going at it for what felt like hours, and only actually stopped around ten minutes ago.

We were both, obviously, exhausted. However, that didn't stop me from glancing at the clock on my bedside every so often. I think that she thinks I have forgotten what today- or tomorrow- is, but I would never. It's the date when my life changed forever, I can't forget about it, even if I wanted to.

"I love you," she whispered, still catching her breath.

"I love you too, Britt-Britt," at that point, the clock changed to 00.00 and I pressed my lips to hers passionately. "Happy Anniversary, Baby." I smiled against her lips.

"Happy Anniversary, San." She climbed on top of me without separating our lips but I then pulled away.

"Not now, Babe. We've got a long day tomorrow," I told her and she sighed before lying beside me.

"Oh yeah? What do we have planned?" She asked with a huge smile- I guess that we are both equally happy that we have made it through a full year.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see," I shrugged innocently and she just shook her head a little before reconnecting our lips.

We fell asleep in each other's arms, stealing a few kisses every so often. Something tells me that this is going to be the most perfect day.

~~~~~

I woke up at 6am, two hours earlier than we would usually get up, and carefully slipped out of Britt's embrace. I quickly put on some clothes before walking downstairs as quietly as I could.

I wanted to make Britt breakfast in bed, so I asked my mom to get all of the ingredients for her favourite foods when she went shopping this week.

I have never been good at being silent when cooking, so this was immensely difficult, but I had to be for the day to start off how I wanted it to.

I made her chocolate-chip pancakes, a fruit salad with all of the fruits she likes best, hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, and also some ice cream- she always wants to have ice cream for breakfast and, today, she can. It was more than she would be able to eat herself, so I know that I will probably end up eating some of it too, but we share cutlery all the time so I didn't have to bring more for me. I put it all on a tray before carrying it upstairs, careful not to spill any.

Surprisingly, she wasn't awake when I walked back into the bedroom. I put down the tray, moving slowly so that I didn't wake her, and climbed on top of her. Once I was straddling her waist, I just watched how beautiful she was for a few minutes before moving forward and pressing my lips to hers. It was only gentle at first but, when she woke up, she pulled me down and took control of the kiss, swiping her tongue along my bottom lip for access.

"Well, good morning," she laughed a little when she pulled away.

"Morning," I smiled and pecked her lips again quickly, "I made you breakfast,"

"You did?" She asked happily. I nodded and positioned myself beside her before pulling the tray onto both of us. I watched as her eyes went wide and, if it was even possible, I smiled even wider. It's no secret that I would do anything for Britt, and I am nothing like I am to the rest of the world towards her, but it is all for this- to see her happy and to prove to us both that I can be as good a girlfriend as she is. "Thank you!" She exclaimed and pressed her lips to my cheek. "Ice cream for breakfast?"