Jackson-Off

Santana's POV:

We spent the rest of Glee getting the details of Blaine's plan. I know he is trying to make up for telling the Warblers about our set list, but this is overkill. He knows that Sebastian plays dirty as well as I do, and he's just taking charge of this terrible plan so that we forgive him. Not only is it unnecessary because people in this club forgive pretty easily, but it's also dangerous.

He wants us to meet the Warblers late at night for a Jackson-off. I swear, he watches too much TV to think that this will work.

I wanted to say something or offer a different plan, but I didn't have one. This plan may be shit, but they're all on board, and I can't exactly object when I have no other ideas.

Once Glee was finished, Blaine messaged Sebastian to tell him where we want to meet. So much for them never communicating again, huh?

"Hey, Britt..." I started. We're getting ready to meet the others for the Jackson-off, and I really don't want her to go. It's not that I'm trying to be possessive, I'd never do that, I just don't want her to be in dangerous situations.

"Yeah, Babe?"

"You know you don't have to do this, right?"

"Do what?"

"Come with us,"

"Wanky," she joked. Usually, it's amusing when she says that, as strange as it is, but this time is different.

"Britt, I'm being serious now. I don't want you to get hurt." She stopped getting ready and sat beside me, probably sensing that I'm stressed. I am, though. I really am.

"San, we're just singing. It's not going to be dangerous." She said softly, taking my hand in hers.

"Anything is dangerous when you're against Sebastian." He would never win in a physical fight, but that's without weapons. He goes to unpredictable lengths to win, and I don't know how to protect the people I care about from that.

"Then why do you want to do this? You don't have to go either, you know."

"I do, though. I know him, and I'm not leaving my friends to fight him on their own."

"They aren't your responsibility, Babe."

"Yeah, they are. Or maybe they're not. Either way, I just need to. But I don't want you to feel like you have to go too."

"I want to." I eyed her carefully for any signs of hesitation, but she seemed sure of her decision.

"Then promise me that you'll stay out of Sebastian's way. Sing near Nick or Jeff, or even Trent, just not him."

"Niff, Niff, Niff," she chanted quietly to make me smile- it's safe to say that she succeeded. "But I promise," she held up her pinky. "Do you promise me the same?"

"I can't promise you that, B. If I'm not near him, then someone else will be. But I promise that I'll be careful."

"Okay," she said after a couple of seconds. That time was probably spent debating whether she would protest. "Now give me a hug," I smiled before wrapping my arms around her. "I love you so much, San."

"I love you too, Britt-Britt."

~~~~~

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, Blaine?" The two of us were waiting on our own for the Warblers to show up. "You don't have to..."

"San, we're just singing Michael Jackson- what could go wrong?" Honestly, I can't believe I'm worrying this much over something which should easily work out fine. I mean, he's right in some respects. It's just that I don't want anything to go wrong. If it does, my friends could get hurt.