School Run

Santana's POV:

I woke up surprisingly well rested, especially considering the day before and lack of sleep. Britt was still asleep, but it was light outside so I assumed that it was almost time to get up anyway.

I looked over to the clock on Britt's bedside table and my eyes went wide at the time- we were supposed to be at school in fifteen minutes!

"Baby, Baby, you need to wake up. We need to go to school!" I started to move as fast as I could, but Britt grabbed onto my wrist to keep me from leaving the bed.

"Not today, Babe. I already cleared it with our parents, we're staying home." What did she mean? Why is she sacrificing her education when I feel relatively okay- as good as I can after what happened.

"Britt, what are you talking about? You're running for president, you can't miss a day! I'm not going to let you ruin your campaign because of me. I promise I am okay."

"San, relax." She sat up a little and rubbed her eyes before adjusting her hold on my wrist so that our fingers were linked instead. "I'm already in the lead, and we can afford to miss one day. Just rest today,"

"Britt-" I tried to protest but she was quick to cut me off. I knew that it was a losing battle, but I don't want to give up- it matters more to me that she doesn't miss anything important, especially because of me.

"San, we're staying." She said sternly. "Now come here," she opened her arms for me to fall into, "and go back to sleep." When I did, she kissed the back of my neck softly, "I love you, Baby,"

"I love you too."

~~~~~

Around three hours later, we were both awake and downstairs eating breakfast. Pierce had left for work after dropping Ashley at school, so it was only us and Whitney in the house.

"You don't think Schuester is going to kick me out of Glee again because I missed today's Booty Camp, do you?" I asked out of nowhere. I don't even know if I mind anymore, I have had one day and am already sick of Schuester's bullshit. However, I know that Britt wants me to be there, and I would do anything for her. I was somewhat expecting her to be shocked by my random outburst, but she just gave me a small smile.

"We don't have to stay," she shrugged, reading my mind, and reached for my hand.

"Britt, I want to make your year as good as it should be. I know how much you love Glee and I am not going to take that from you."

"I do love Glee, that's true, but I love you more," how does she still manage to take my breath away with the simplest comments? "Besides, it's not like New Directions is our only chance to perform anymore. We could join the Troubletones,"

"And have to put up with Sugar Motta? No thanks," I tried to joke. The truth is, I haven't actually thought of that. It has always been Schuester's Glee Club or none at all, I just can't work out if it is something that I would consider doing or not.

"Hey, be nice. I get the feeling that she is going to be a great friend... you know, when she gets past all the rich bitch stuff," we both laughed a little at her words and she started to rub her thumb along the back of my hand. "I'm serious, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy,"

"Are you sure you want to sign up for that?" I smirked, "Because that means that you will have to be with me every second of every day."

"Huh, I think that can be arranged," she giggled. I forget every time how much I love that sound.

"Enough of the sappiness," we heard a voice say and I immediately tensed while Brittany's cheeks went bright red. "Are you two planning on getting any school work done today?" We both reluctantly looked around to Whitney who had the biggest smirk on her face. "Morning, Girls," she couldn't hold in her laugh anymore and I hid my face in my hands.