Parenting

Santana's POV:

"Promise me you'll be okay?" Britt said as we were saying goodbye. I smiled a little at how worried she was before holding up my pinky. She quickly took it and pulled me into a tight hug.

It was time for Britt and Whitney to leave for UCLA which also meant that it was also time for me to take care of Ashley. Britt was quite obviously worried about me being left alone, so much so that it was difficult to tell whether she was also worried about me looking after her sister or not. I did not, however, have the same problem with Whitney.

"Promise me you'll be okay?" Whitney said to Ashley, making Britt pull away slightly to look at them. I still kept one arm around her waist while she processed what she was seeing.

"Is that what I look like?" She asked.

"A little bit," I replied in a playful tone. "But you're a lot cuter," I added and kissed her cheek.

"Mom, that's the seventh time you've asked me that, I will be fine!" Ashley rolled her eyes, making me laugh a little.

"And is that how you feel?"

"Oh yeah, totally," I joked. "Listen, B, you need to stop worrying about me and focus on what's important. Right now, that is this amazing opportunity that you have ahead of you. It's LA, Babe. It's a big deal."

"I know," she exhaled shakily. "You know what, I think I should stay,"

"Britt, stop," I said softly, regretting what I said because it clearly made her more nervous and that was not my intention at all. "You are going to kill this. UCLA is not going to know what's hit them,"

"I really wish that you were coming with me,"

"Me too." I smiled sadly. "But I'm going to be on the other end of the phone, and you know I'll be messaging you so much that you'll be sick of me."

"I love you,"

"And I love you," I told her before rolling up onto my toes to kiss her gently.

"Hey, Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"You know that you're not going to be seeing me in a couple of days, right?"

"Well, that is what this whole conversation was about-" I quipped.

"What I mean is, we're not going to be able to see each other in days and that's the last kiss you want to give me?"

"Oh, Baby, was it not enough for you," I mocked. "What you should also realise is that your mom is right there, and I'm not going to give you the kind of kiss that I want to give you when she's watching."

"You know what, I think I forgot something inside," she said slightly louder so her mom could hear too.

"Of course you did," I sighed quietly, rolling my eyes at her even though it was adorable. "I guess I'd better make sure that you can get in okay," I added, speaking as loud as she did, hoping that it was plausible as we were at my house, not hers.

"So," she started once we were inside. "Did you like my awesome excuse?"

"It was genius," I replied through a breathy laugh. "Now, are you going to kiss me? We haven't got much time before you need to leave, and I don't really feel like having your mom walk in on us."

She didn't need any more prompting than that to press her lips to mine and refuse to separate until it was absolutely necessary.

"Now that's the kind of kiss goodbye I wanted!" She said once we were separate.