Emily

Santana's POV:

Phone call between San and Britt:

Hey Babe,
I said with a smile on my face even though she couldn't see it. We had slept at our own houses last night (which is weird after one of our Friday night dates).

Hi!
She sounded so excited but I could tell that there were nerves there too.

You okay, B?
I asked gently.

I'm a little nervous, I guess. I mean she obviously means a lot to you if you were willing to keep your relationship with your dad broken if he didn't support her coming back into the family. I'm just worried that she won't like me and you would rather have her in your life than me...

Baby, she is going to love you. You are like the most loveable person on the planet and, if not, I would choose you over anybody. What happened to Emily wasn't right, that is why I made such a big deal out of it, but you become before everyone- I love you more than I have ever, or will ever, loved anything.
I tried to reassure her. Honestly, if Emily doesn't like her (which I don't believe will happen), I wouldn't stop being in contact with her, because all this time has really made me appreciate our bond so much more. However, I would make sure that she keeps her opinions to herself and make it very clear that I am in love with Brittany, and that will never change.

Well I wouldn't want you to do that... What about you? Are you looking forward to seeing her? Are you worried? How do you feel?
She kept asking me questions and I couldn't help but let out a small giggle at her cute rambling.

God, B, which one of those questions do you want me to answer first?
I laughed.

How do you feel?

Honestly?

Yep!

I'm scared as fuck... I mean I am obviously really excited to see her again, but so much has happened. What if we aren't as close or we have changed too much that we don't understand each other anymore. I just- I don't want this to go badly, we have waited so long and... I don't know,
I sighed
Talk some sense into me, B,
I knew that she was the only one who would be able to get me out of this state of mind- she's just magic like that.

San, you have kept in contact with Emily this whole time. You were the only one who didn't give up on her, she would be an idiot to give that up. You have spoken to her throughout your whole journey- you may not have seen each other, but you do still know each other. I know that she is still going to love you, Babe, you know why?

Why?
I asked, genuinely interested at how she is so sure.

Because you are the sweetest, kindest, most generous person that she will ever have the pleasure of meeting. You showed all of that by not letting her down when she needed you, even though you could have lost everything by doing so. I promise you, everything will be alright.
How does she always know what to say to relax me completely?

I love you, Britt.

I love you too. But you need to get going now, Honey. I will be there fifteen minutes after you are due to meet. I love you, good luck!

Bye Britt, see you soon.
I smiled as I said that- just the thought of seeing her makes things better.

I checked the time and realised that I was supposed to leave for the coffee shop in an hour. I quickly had a shower- I can be in and out really fast when I don't have Britt distracting me- and got dressed. It took me a while to figure out what to wear, but I kept replaying Britt's words in my mind- she is just my cousin and she is not going to care about what I wear. After that, I did my make-up; I haven't been wearing as much since B and I started dating because she likes it when I am more natural, but I still wear a bit.