I Wanna Dance With Somebody

A/N: Hi, all. I genuinely cannot apologise enough about how long it has taken for me to get this chapter done. Life has been crazy and I just haven't had any time to write. I hope you enjoy...

Santana's POV:

Britt and I walked into Glee, coffees in hand, after an unnecessarily long day, only to be immediately called into Schuester's office. He's seriously lucky that Rory is still somewhat terrified of me- or at least me when I'm decaffeinated- so he was willing to protect his right to life by getting me coffee. Otherwise, I would have found great enjoyment in commenting on his weird Finn fetish, and I probably would have asked him whether he was tired of the orca and wanted to watch us make out instead... it's not like the guys we know have never asked for it before.

"Girls, I don't know why I am still having to tell you this," he started, running his hand through his weird, curly hair. Maybe I have been spending way too much time with Sue, but there is no way that his hair is natural. And, if it is, it's just one more reason why I hope he never procreates. "We have Nationals in less than a month now- it's your last chance at getting a national championship in the club that you have devoted three years of your high school lives to- the only time that you should be missing from Glee is if it is an emergency."

It took everything in me not to roll my eyes at him. Maybe we would care a little more about rehearsing if we actually had the set list to practice.

"We're sorry, Mr Schue, it won't happen again," Britt assured while I stayed quiet. Britt is always better in situations like this. She knows how to handle things in a civilised way, unlike me- people tend to end up hating me when I speak my unfiltered mind. And, while I usually love annoying people, when I'm tired, I'm likely to get myself kicked out of Glee... If Schuester has the balls to do it, that is.

Britt, on the other hand, is calm and shows just enough remorse to seem genuine, even if she's not. She's great at manipulating people, but that comes from years of hiding her trauma and being perceived as dumb when her brain just works differently. If people knew how smart she really was, they would feel awful for making her feel inferior, and she's so nice that she would never want them to feel bad about it. That's what it seems like sometimes, anyway, but I'm sure there are so many other reasons.

Britt has a whole lot of layers and, as well as I know her, I also know that she still hides things from me. I know that I've only just begun to peel back the layers that she refuses to let anyone see.

She tries, though, and after repressing my own feelings for so long, I know that I can't rush her. I just have to be there for her as best as I can.

"I hope not," he sighed and perched on the edge of his desk with his arms crossed over his chest. I swear, he's more dramatic than Berry sometimes. "You know that it's even more important now that we have the Troubletones too. I understand that you had some... things to do, but Mercedes and Sugar couldn't rehearse that number at all yesterday because they didn't have the two of you- you're a key part of our team."

"So, you've chosen what song we're doing at Nationals?" I asked, my impulses getting the better of me.

"Well, no,"

"So, did we really do any damage by skipping Glee yesterday? Considering that we couldn't even rehearse anything anyway,"

"Ignore that," Britt interrupted before I could say anything else. "We're just going to go and sit down now. Sorry, Mr Schue."

Britt started to stand up and gently nudged my arm so that I would go with her. I eyed her carefully on the short walk back to our seats but she was a mystery. Well, kind of. When she hides her emotions like that, she's either sad or pissed, and my chest felt a little tighter at the realisation that I was the reason she felt that way.