Fear

T/W: Hey kids, so there are going to be some triggers involved in here. I am not 100% certain of all of them, but there will definitely be talk of eating disorders and violence and hate crime/ homophobia, so if any of that stuff bothers you, please skip this chapter. Proceed with caution. I love you all and am here if you need to talk.

_____

Brittany's POV

Phone call between Kurt and Brittany:

Finally! Where have you been? Is she okay? Did her phone die? Was she just busy with Tubbs or something? Did she-

Brittany

Yeah?

You need to come back as soon as you can.
My heart dropped. What happened? Is she okay?

W-What do you mean, Kurt? What's going on?
I didn't think it was possible for me to feel this scared. I quickly started packing up my emergency things and putting on my shoes while waiting for him to answer.
Fucking tell me, Kurt!
I hated being angry at him, but he can't say things like that and not give me an explanation. Especially when he was supposed to be checking on Santana.

Britt, San is in the hospital-

WHAT?

I found her passed out...

What's happening? Is she okay? What do I do?

They're running tests right now. She's in the best possible hands-

Don't give me that! You don't know what is wrong with her!

B, just get here as soon as you can. She woke up on the way to the hospital and she was asking for you...

I'm on my way. Don't leave her and don't tell anyone from Glee, only family.

I won't.

Keep me updated, Kurt.

I hung up the phone and ran straight to my parents' room. They gave me a key, so I walked in without knocking.

"Ah, so you decided to join us!" My mom beamed.

"I need your car keys." I told them, looking around the room.

"Wha- why?"

"I need to go back."

"Britt, I know you miss her, but you're on vacation!"

"She's in the hospital-" my parents exchanged a look and jumped into action mode. They decided that my mom would drive me because she didn't think it was safe for me to drive when I am so emotional, and my dad would stay with Ashley.

It didn't take long before we were on the road, but it would take hours before I could see her. What if this was something really bad? What if I never saw her again? I rested my head against the window and finally let the tears fall. I was trying to be strong- what right do I have to be sad over it? It isn't right for me to be so bothered when she is the one experiencing it. But I hate this feeling. The hopelessness. I hate how I can't do anything. I hate that she is in pain. I hate that I am perfectly fine, but she is on a hospital bed. She could be fucking dying, and there is nothing I can do.

I felt a hand take hold of mine and looked up to see my mom looking at me with a saddened expression. "She'll be alright, B,"

"You don't know that," a few more tears fell, "no one knows that."