Aftermath

Brittany's POV:

"Baby you were amazing!" San smiled excitedly as she held on to me.

"You were so good!" I told her, "They loved your song!"

"Do you- do you think we did enough to win?" Her excitement seemed to fade as reality hit her again- she was scared that she wasn't good enough.

"It's up to the judges now, Honey, but you put everything into it and were completely awesome. I am so, so proud of you," she leaned forward and pressed her lips to mine softly. I was expecting her to go further, she always does, but she just pulled away and wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you so much,"

"I love you more,"

"Never,"

"Always,"

"Break it up!" I heard a familiar voice call and San stepped away from me to look at who it was. "Hey guys, you were great!" she exclaimed and pulled us both in for a hug. "Uh, this is my girlfriend," she gestured to the woman behind her with obviously dyed blonde hair, "this is Aimee." San and I smiled to her politely while she did the same, but I could sense San stiffening by my side. I interlocked our fingers and her tensed shoulders dropped slightly.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled.

"Yeah, it's great to finally put a face to a name," San added.

"Good to see you," she replied, "Em, they're announcing the results soon, we have to go back to our seats now." She stated before walking away, not even saying goodbye.

"Well- uh- we'll meet you outside after, good luck!" Emily said before hugging us and walking away. I could see that San's jaw was clenched tightly in the way it usually is when she is mad, upset, or thinking a lot.

"Are you alright, San?" I asked softly, squeezing on her hand slightly. She turned to me, smiled a little, and was about to answer before the teams were called to the stage to announce the winners.

~~~~~

Santana's POV:

Twelfth place? Twelfth fucking place? Fucking Finchel- they killed any chances of us winning.

"Listen guys, I know that we didn't get the result we wanted but-"

"Shut the fuck up, Schuester. We lost, and none of your shitty pep talks will change the fact that these past few years were for nothing." I interrupted. All I wanted was to enjoy a nice meal with my girlfriend and cousin. "Britt and I are going out with Emily now." I stated, grabbing her hand gently- I may have been mad, but I didn't want to do anything to make her upset with me...I needed her right now. "So goodbye, and congratulations everybody! As I am sure Schuester is going to tell you, after another run through of Don't Stop Believin', losing just teaches you what you have. And what we have is fuck all." I smiled sarcastically. "See you fuckers later," was the last thing I said before we walked outside.

"Babe, are you alright?" Britt asked, clearly concerned. I realised how fast I was walking and stopped so I could look at her.

"I'm sorry I made you leave, I just- I couldn't stay with them. Not after we lost..."

"It's okay, Baby. I just want to make sure that you're okay,"

"I will be," I sighed, "I just need my family right now." I noticed her facial expression and quickly pressed my lips to hers, "You know I mean you, right?"

"If you just want to be with Emily then I understand," I shook my head gently, smiling slightly.

"You're so silly, Baby," I let out a small giggle. "There is never anyone who I would rather spend time with. You make me so happy, you are my family." She smiled down at her feet bashfully before reaching for my hand and telling me that she loves me. As I said it back, my phone went off and I saw that it was Emily. "They're at the restaurant on the corner," I told her and she nodded.