Making Plans

Brittany's POV:

I have to say, I am incredibly proud of myself- they may not have been all my ideas, but I think that this has to be Santana's favourite date ever. Just seeing her so captivated by the musical, and her smile- I love that smile so much. It's just... pure happiness.

When I left the bathrooms, I decided to go find San as she was not yet back at our seats where we originally said we'd meet.

"Emily," called a voice that seemed familiar, but I refused to place. There's no way that it's her, especially not calling Emily's name. Besides, Em is at college. That's what she told San, and surely she wouldn't lie to her. "What's taking so long, Babe?" This time, I followed the noise and could only sigh at what I saw.

Santana's shoulders were tensed as she spoke to who I recognised as Emily, and Aimee was walking over to them. This will not go well.

How could Emily do this? All the lying- her breaking up with Aimee, being so overwhelmed with college work that she can't leave campus- it's all bullshit.

I made my way over to where the others were standing and immediately took San's hand. She relaxed slightly, but Emily was stammering some excuse, and Aimee was complaining about not having her ice cream yet.

"You okay," I whispered. She nodded before looking back at the, I assume, couple.

"Let's go back to our seats?" San said after a minute or so.

"Wait, San-" Emily started when we began to walk away.

"It's okay, we'll talk later. The intermission is almost over anyway, we're just going to go sit down."

"O-Okay, speak to you later..." We both nodded and continued to head towards our seats. The last thing I heard was Aimee telling the person serving the ice cream to hurry the fuck up.

"Are you sad?" I asked gently.

"That she lied to me? Yes. But I'm not sad, sad. Nothing could ruin this day."

"Are you sure you don't want to go?"

"Britt, I'm okay. I promise you," she took my pinky in hers, and I smiled a little, remembering who we used to be, and how close we were, even though we we weren't together. "If I needed to go, I'd tell you. But, right now, all I want to do is finish an amazing day with my girlfriend by watching the rest of our favourite show, and then going back to the hotel to do some other activities."

"Yeah, Babe, we all know how tonight is going to end," I joked. "I love you, you know..."

"I love you too, Britt-Britt."

~~~~~

Once the show finished, we waited for a while before we actually left. Neither one of us really felt up to battling against the masses of people down the stairs, we were in no rush. Besides, San was so entranced that I don't think it was safe for her to be released into reality until she remembered the real world is a thing. It was kind of funny.

When we finally left, she took us on a little detour. Luckily, as it's New York, something is always open.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as we entered a 24 hour ice cream place.

"Getting your ice cream." She shrugged. "We didn't get it earlier, so..." I couldn't help but smile at her thoughtfulness. "Go sit down, Babe," I nodded and found us a seat- not that it was hard because of the time.

"Thanks, Babe," I smiled when she handed me the ice cream. "So do you want to talk about it?" I asked softly. She waited a moment before looking up.