46. Sleepy Peter - Fluff Oneshot

Someone asked:

Okay okay okay I have another request So what about peter and y/n are dating and y/n is on a mission and won't be back till next week and Peter can't sleep without y/n and whenever he misses her his stomach hurts and when she gets back he's all whinny and stubby cuz he's so sleep deprived that he just doesn't care anymore

Hey there! Hope you enjoy! Thank you for sending this in. It was cute to write :)

Peter Parker x Reader [Fluff]
Warnings: slight description of pain
Word Count: 1.3k

Peter could barely remember when he last got some decent sleep. It must have been the night before you left for your mission. He just really missed being by your side again. He needed to sleep by you, it comforted him, knowing that the two of you were close together, and that you were safe. But now, he hasn't heard from you for around a few days now, and he could barely hold it together, wondering if you were okay, and not hurt.

He asked Steve and Tony multiple times about if you were okay or not, but they both shrugged, saying they haven't heard back from you either. It wasn't a serious mission, but he still was worried that you might have been hurt or unable to reach out to anyone. It wasn't like you to not get back in contact with any of the team, so his anxiety was heightened for the time being. But you were supposed to get back in four days now.

Today he strolled around the kitchen, eating snacks and listening to music, just hoping you'd call him or text him soon. He was supposed to go to a meeting today, to discuss and review paperwork from different departments, trying to find something that he or the others might have missed. He ended up skipping it, mostly because he was too tired and just wanted to be by himself or be with you again.

"Hey Peter?" He heard Bucky call out, entering from one of the entrances. Peter glanced up, after eating another chip. He nodded back, not in the mood to respond. Bucky sighed at his behavior, taking a seat on the barstool and looking hard at Peter.

Bucky noticed the tired dark circles under his eyes, and his messy hair. He also noticed he was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. "Can you hand me one of those bags of chips please?" He first asked, just hoping Peter would be okay with his talking.

Peter groaned as he leaned down, feeling dizzy and tired as he grabbed one of those small packages, tossing it across the counter to Bucky. He leaned against the counter again, drooping down a bit, needing to lay down and get sleep.

"Kid, you ditched the meeting today." Bucky spoke up, catching the chips as Peter sighed in irritation, not wanting to hear it. He usually would never act like this, because he was still afraid of Bucky at times even though he knew he wouldn't hurt him. He was still sensitive about Bucky and Tony's fight; it was hard to understand Steve's perspective after Bucky almost killed Tony.

"And you're acting grumpy. What's happening?" Bucky continued, unaware that Peter just wanted to leave the room instantly.

Peter frowned as he finally responded, "I miss Y/n. Can't sleep without her." Bucky nodded back, understanding him. Peter rolled his eyes as Bucky opened his mouth to talk again. Before he can, Peter spoke up again, "Got to go. Bye."

Bucky's eyebrows raised in surprise, watching Peter leave the kitchen and walk away. He called out after him, "Come to the next meeting! And get some sleep!" Peter knew he wouldn't go to the next meeting, since it was tomorrow, he was too stubborn and worried about you.

Peter walked to his bedroom, making sure to lock it once he got in. He didn't want anyone else to bother him today, and he could start to feel his stomach hurt now. He groaned as he laid onto the bed, rolling on his side as he grasped his stomach. Whenever he was upset, his stomach would hurt. It's always been like that, ever since he was a kid.

But when he missed you, his stomach pain was even worse. It was like knots of pain twisting around in his stomach, and he whimpered when he felt a sharp pain. "Damnit." He mumbled to himself, clutching his torso even more.

He unlocked his phone, that was thrown on the other side of his bed. He opened Netflix, hoping it would distract him from his pain and how he much he was worrying about you. He clicked on one of the shows he was watching with you, and pressed play.

The past four days he was like that, and he was happy that you were finally coming back today. He was sitting outside, waiting for your helicopter to arrive. He was still so tired; he could barely think. He just needed to cuddle with you in bed, even though you were probably dirty with the grim from the mission.

When he saw the helicopter in the air, he stood up with a tired huff of air. It must have been a few minutes before you excited the helicopter, holding a few of your bags, and looking insanely tired like he did. He ran towards you, just wanting to hug you once again.

You wrapped your arms around him after dropping your bags and you snuggled close to him. "Peter, oh my goodness, I missed you." You mumbled, feeling him squeeze you back tightly. He sighed, happy that you were finally back and safe.

"Sleep time." Peter murmured back to you and you let out a tired laugh. When you pulled away from the hug, Peter groaned, scratching his head with one hand and holding onto your hand with the other. You glanced over to him worriedly, noticing what he looked like now.

His hair was all over the place, he looked sick, and he was drooping down his shoulders tiredly. You gasped at him, "Babe, what happened to you?" Your question made him shrug slightly.

"I missed you. Sleep time?" He mumbled, just needing to sleep in the bed with you after so long. You pulled him close again, kissing his lips softly while your hand cupped around one of his cheeks.

"Yeah, of course babe." You responded, whispering to him after kissing him again. He nodded, feeling exhausted, and you glanced down to your bags, not caring that you won't carry them in right now. Instead, you'd get them later. You were tired too, the mission was harder than you expected, and comms broke down.

You both walked hand in hand back inside. He sniffled a bit, too exhausted to say anything but once you got inside, Tony saw the both of you. "Hey welcome back! You got to come to the office, we need to talk about what happened. We didn't hear from you at all." Tony greeted you, relieved that you were back.

He glanced over to Peter when he groaned loudly. "No! My tummy hurts, I want Y/n." He grumbled, whining about his problems, shaking his head. You smiled back to Tony, who gazed at Peter strangely.

"No need to be that sassy. I'm the sassy one here." Tony shot back, raising his eyebrows playfully. Peter rolled his eyes back, not caring anymore. He just wanted to be with you, back in bed.

"Bye." Peter responded, just tugging your hand to lead you away and you bit your lip, just hoping Tony would understand. You silently mouthed your apologies to Tony, who started to laugh quietly, and he shrugged you away.

Once you got to the bedroom, Peter kissed your cheek again, before laying down with a whimper when he felt his stomach. You knitted your eyebrows back to him, concerned even more. "Did you eat something today?" You whispered when you saw him hold his stomach tightly.

He shook his head but started to speak, "I just want to sleep here with you please." He begged, sniffling. His eyes were watering from staying up for so long and you pouted back to him, laying on the other side of the bed.

"Of course." You responded, and Peter smiled slightly before cuddling close to your neck, with his leg over yours. You glanced over to him after a few minutes, noticing how silent he was now, and you awed when you saw he was asleep.

You closed your eyes as the sun started to go down, happy that you were back home again.