12. Let me Down Slow - Angst with Happy Ending

Anonymous asked: Hey L! Could you write smth with Peter in college where him and the reader are dating and suddently she is ignoring him and pushing him away? Idk if you take songs request, if so, I'm thinking about Let me down slow and the reason why the reader acting like that's cause she's pregnant and don't wanna mess up their lives, but especially Peter's?

Hi anon! I hope you enjoy! Thank you for sending this in! I didn't use the full song! Italics signal the lyrics, bold signals thoughts/thinking :)

Peter Parker x Reader (Angst with happy ending!)
Warnings:
pregnancy and some swearing
Word Count: 1.3k

Heaven knows we're out of luck
Been on the point of giving up
If all is fair in war and love
Then why do we fight?
If something ain't right

Everything was dark when you snuck the test into the shared apartment. It was close to three in the morning, you made sure to leave once you were sure Peter was asleep. It was freezing when you saw the results. Your stomach turned a violent turn as you bent down with a silent sob. You closed your eyes painfully as you hit your head repeatedly on the bathtub, trying to form a thought. What was Peter going to think?

You stood up with a gasp, realizing he shouldn't know. It would hurt him too much, to be in this predicament. You closed your mouth, feeling the sob coming up as you glanced down to your stomach, trying to stand back up. What were you supposed to do?

Peter stirred, hearing you in the bathroom, and he blinked awake. He groaned at seeing the light come from the bathroom, "Babe, what's happening?" He called out, blinking again as he reached out to his phone to check the time. In the bathroom, you shook your head in fear that he would walk in. You quickly threw the test into your pile of pads and tampons with a shaky sigh.

"Nothing, just tried watching a scary movie, and uh, I got scared?" You responded with an unsteady voice, wiping your tears away. Peter hummed back at you, calling you back to bed, "Come 'ere, let's cuddle." You sniffled at his voice, looking back in the reflection with a shaky but reassuring nod to yourself.

"I can't." You whispered, turning the light off. Peter was already back to sleep once you got out of the bathroom, and you went down the hall to sleep on the couch instead, to think privately about what to do.

The next few days, you distanced yourself. You still were trying to think about what to do, and you just knew you couldn't tell Peter right now. It hurt too much to even say his name, to talk to him. If he found out, you worry that it would ruin his life as an Avenger.

Peter was confused and hurt by your distance. He tried not to question it the first few nights, but it started to become unbearable. You always claimed you were too busy to get in bed with him, and say you accidentally fell asleep on the couch, but he knew that wasn't true. He just wanted to know what was happening.

'Cause we don't really talk about life no more
I'm just here my own tryna laugh it off
When the night comes crawling I'm holding on
For something to change, tension to break
It's about time

Another week passed by, and you were still distancing yourself from Peter, saying you had too much homework. He couldn't deal with your silence anymore, the two of you didn't really talk about much anymore. If you two did talk, it was about random things, like the weather. He didn't understand how this all happened.

Peter sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, hearing you come in through the front door. He sat up straight as you rolled into the bedroom, after setting your things down in the kitchen. "Babe? I need to talk to you." He whispered to you, as you sighed out.

You nodded, understanding what was about to happen, what might change. "What's happened to us?" He asked softly, as you rounded your way to the bed, sitting on the other side, and crossing your legs on the bed. You shook your head to him, biting your lips, trying to keep your worry in.

"Nothing, just been really...demanding with school." You mumbled back, keeping your eyes off to the side, not wanting to see him. You would've broken down instantly, if Peter looked straight to you, and held onto you. But he didn't, instead he kept his distance this time; not wanting to disturb you anymore.

He was hurt from your silence.

What are hiding?
'Cause I got the right to know
There's something different in the way you look
What are you fighting?
If you're gonna let me go
It's gonna hurt so choose your words

By now, the silence was physically hurting both you and Peter. You couldn't sleep right, trying to decide what to do. You didn't tell anyone, but a part of you begged yourself to finally tell Peter. But you criticized yourself, how could you? It would hurt him too much.

He felt like shit as well. He thought of over hundreds of ways why you started fading away from him, but he couldn't understand it. Was it him? Did you not love him anymore? That didn't make any sense though, if you didn't love him, why would you look at him the way you do? He knew he wasn't imagining it either, from the way you moved away from him whenever he just tried to touch you or hold you.

He had to break the silence again, as the two of you sat in the kitchen. "Please talk to me. I'm begging you, babe. I know something is wrong, and you're... you're fighting yourself. You're hiding something." Peter paused as he gazed at you with an unreadable expression. You felt the tears build up, and you refused to glance back to him, as you set your food down.

"I know it's something serious. Just please, when you choose to tell me, please choose your words..." Peter trailed off as you stood up, wiping your face and nodding back to him. You kept your head down, gazing down to your stomach as you walked back into the bedroom with a small, "Okay."

Baby, let me down slow
Baby, let me down

When you asked Peter to take a walk with you, he was surprised. It made him nervous, as you looked at him with almost sad eyes, and held a hand up to him. He took it with small hesitancy as you two walked through the door, walking aimlessly down the neighborhood.

You looked at him this time, as you opened your mouth to respond, rethinking his words. "Peter, I don't really know how to...form this into a sentence. I don't want to hurt either of us. I want you to know I love you," You paused with a sniffle, as Peter stopped walking and looked at you with uncertainty.

He squeezed your hand tightly, taking a deep breath in. "Babe, just, please let me down slowly, I..." He trailed off with a slight sigh, and you cut him off quickly.

"I'm pregnant." You finished up, shaking your head at yourself as you felt the tears start to flow down your face again. You didn't look up to him again, feeling as though he would be hurt by your words. You didn't want to ruin anything for him, or yourself. When he placed his arms around you, pulling you into a soft hug, you gasped.

"I love you too." He whispered, as he tried to hold in his tears as well. How long had you known? It hurt that you felt scared to tell him, and his heart started to ache as you sobbed into his chest. "It'll be okay," He whispered again, down to your ear as you shook your head.

"You don't hate me?" You mumbled back, making Peter squeeze you even harder. When he didn't respond for another second, you spoke up again, "I don't want us to be in any sort of... I don't know what to do, Peter." Your voice came out in slight sobs as Peter let the tears fall now. His chest hurt from your pain, and he pulled away from you just a bit.

His hands never left your shoulders though, as he leaned back down, and kissed your forehead. "We'll get through this together; no matter what."