60. A Few Promises - Angst with happy ending

Anonymous asked:

Hi! :) May I request something about the reader seeing that Peter was in danger and just doing something stupid because she wants to help him, and he gets mad and says like: You don't even know how to throw a punch why the fuck did you do that? But after a lot of yelling at each other he mumbles something about how he can't lose someone he loves,not again but make it with a happy ending?

Hi anon, thank you for sending this in! Hope you enjoy! Please read the warnings :)

Peter Parker x Reader [Angst with happy ending]
Warnings: swearing, robbery, vague weapon, innuendo/vague threat, some violence, anxiety
Word Count: 2.4k

-

It was supposed to be an average and ordinary day for you and Peter. You had your grocery list in one hand, and the other was holding onto Peter's hand tightly, swinging it up and down. You were distracted by a few signs, advertising a new product that you haven't heard of before and Peter was trying to remember exactly what was missing on the list.

"So, we got toothpaste - the sensitive version, just in case. Also, the corn chips, two different flavors. Already got the guacamole and salsa - the good ones. What else do we need?" He sort of mumbled the question over to you, catching onto you being distracted.

"Did we get the eggs? And the almond milk! We need milk!" You replied after another second of being distracted, looking back to your boyfriend. He grinned back to you, heartwarming a bit as he wondered how lucky he was to be with you.

"Yeah, we have all of that. I think we need rock salt in case you still wanted to make that ice cream next weekend." Peter replied, squeezing your hand slightly. Your eyes widened at the mention of next weekend and ice cream, nodding back.

"Definitely need that! Here, I'll head over to the check out and you can find the salt." You offered, and Peter nodded to you, agreeing to the plan. You turned away with the cart, heading down towards the cashier.

Peter smiled softly to himself, glancing back at your figure briefly before he looked up at the signs find where the salt would be. After a minute of searching, he found it and contemplated exactly which one you two would need.

He couldn't remember the recipe, but he knew it was at least a cup of rock salt - but what if you wanted to make more ice cream? He wondered, and so he decided on three boxes of rock salt. If there were leftovers, you two could always save it for another day.

"Get the fuck down! All of you right now!" Peter froze in his step, looking straight to the man in front of him, at the meat station. The butcher's knife clattered onto the floor in fear as the man pulled out a weapon from his jacket.

Peter shook his head, speaking up, "Hey, you don't have to do this. It's not the right thing to do." It was a little dumb, but he thought it was worth a shot to try to persuade someone. The guy frowned back to Peter, still pointing the weapon towards the butcher.

"Who do you think you are?" He spoke up, rolling his eyes back to Peter. The butcher glanced over to Peter, shaking his head as if to say "it's okay, you don't need to put yourself at risk" - but Peter wasn't going to let anything hurt either of them.

"I'm a guy, that just wants to go home and make ice cream." Peter responded, sighing a bit once he saw the guy not making a move to drop the item in his hand.

"Ice cream?" The guy paused a moment, his voice seemingly raising as he repeated himself, before throwing out a humorless laugh.

"I don't care about your ice cream. I just want to be taken back to the locker room to get the money, got it? This guy right here knows the code into the room." His voice was still loud, and it managed to get the attention of everyone else in the store.