56. Please Pick Up - Angst with Happy Endingwith @evermoveparker on tumblr

Hi y'all hope you enjoy reading :) 

Peter Parker x Reader [Angst with happy ending]
Warnings: Swear words, rude friends, mentions of alcohol/being drunk, and crying
Word Count: 3.7k

-

He felt sick to his stomach when he heard one of his friends mentioning that you were coming by with some guy who was tutoring you. He didn't need to hear anything about that because it would only lead to him thinking that you were completely fine and over him already. He gave out a laugh, shrugging to his friends, "I don't really care about that anymore. But I got to go to the bathroom – hold on, I'll be back." His voice was slurred from all the drinking, and he excused himself with a nod.

As Peter closes the bathroom door, he breaks down, supporting his body against it and letting everything out.

"FUCK," he yelled, hoping that his friends didn't listen to his muffled cries. He never wanted it to end but listening to his shitty friends that said he shouldn't be that whipped about you, led him to the deepest regret of his entire life.

His throat felt scratchy after yelling, and he was glad that there was music blasting outside the bathroom so no one could hear him. After getting up for a moment, he gazed into the mirror, not knowing what he could do after messing up so bad with you. His eyes were red, and his face was puffy, and he turned away from his reflection swallowing down a few cries. He tugged his phone out of his pocket, breathing in deeply as he ressed on his contact list, scrolling till he reached your name.

"Please, please pick up." he muttered to himself, begging to whatever god there was that you'd talk to him and not ignore him because you were busy with someone else. God, just the thought of you touching another guy the same way you touched Peter makes his blood boils with jealousy.

Unfortunately, it went to the voicemail, "Hi, this is Y/n and if I didn't answer to your call, it's because I'm busy, or maybe I just don't wanna talk to you."

He laughed, remembering the day you recorded that, you were both drunk and in need of a funny voicemail. God, he missed your voice so much. "Hey, um Idk how to ask this without sounding possessive, but are you seeing someone already? Don't get me wrong, you have every right, but I really wish you weren't." he mutters the last part to himself.

He sniffled hearing the beep again, and he hung up the phone before setting it down on the counter. He wiped his face, trying to get rid of the tears that continued to flow down, and he laughed to himself, "What the fuck am I doing?" He mumbled, shaking his head.

He knew it should have felt embarrassing and humiliating, calling an ex, but right now, he didn't care. All he felt was pain and he needed to hear your voice. He pressed call again, setting it on speaker this time as he waited for you to pick up this time.

He found himself losing hope each ring, and before he knew it the voicemail started to play again. He leaned back against the wall, staring at the phone, relishing in your voice over the message. Once it beeped, he started to talk again.

"Please, I need to know if you are. I want to know if you're already over what happened between us. I'm so fucking sorry; I just need to know now. I can't," He cut himself off, biting down on his sleeve to hold in a sob.

He tried to recompose himself by taking a deep breath. "Just, please, call me if you hear this, I miss you so much and everything, somehow, reminds me of you. It's like universe is having a blast seeing how miserable I am without you to tell me everything is going to be fine, without our stupid inside jokes that always brought joy to my heart, and I can't stop thinking about the last time we kissed, If I knew it then I'd have spent days just with my lips against yours." He stopped, once again, trying to hold on a sob, but not being able to this time.