9. Happy Birthday! - Fluff

No warnings :)

Peter was stressed. When you mentioned in the passing that it was your birthday soon, he rushed back to the Compound with a silly excuse. "Bye babe, gotta feed that robot dog!" He shouted as you watched back in confusion as he swung away. "Peter- what? A robot dog?!" You exclaimed loudly, shaking your head as he flashed you a wave.

Peter just hoped he didn't hurt your feelings or anything as he slammed in through the entrance, tearing off his Spiderman mask in the process. He sprinted straight to the kitchen, disabling the rest of his suit. He banged open the cabinets, dumping out the boxes of cake mixes, and delicately grabbing the bowl.

He placed everything on the counter, sprinting over to the fridge, grabbing the rest of the ingredients, just hoping that he could get back in time. A cake takes like less than an hour, right? He shook his head before hopping back to the rest of the stuff he placed down. He quickly opened up all the packages on the cake mixes, not noticing he grabbed different kinds of cake.

He dumped it all out in the bowl with a huff of air, before grabbing the water and oil. He splashed it in, along with all the eggs he cracked. He didn't measure anything, but it looked about right. And he didn't inspect the batter for the cracked eggshells as he started mixing it harshly. "What are you doing?" A voice called behind him.

Peter glanced back with a wide stare, noticing it was Sam Wilson. "Oh hi, I'm making a cake for my girlfriend." Peter grunted out, setting the bowl back down before leaning down and grabbing the trays to place the cake in.

Sam laughed at his effort, "Hey kid, did you even preheat the oven?" Peter gasped at himself, mentally cursing himself for being dumb. Sam took his silence as a no and shook his head while grinning wide. "Want some help?" He questioned, strolling to Peter with raised eyebrows.

"Yes please!" Peter begged, watching as the batter poured into the tray. Sam nodded his head with a sigh again at Peter's actions. "Did you at least prep the tray?" He asked, watching as Peter shook his head violently. Peter ran over to the oven, quickly turning it on and slamming the cake inside, closing it.

"Want to order a cake instead?" Sam laughed out. Peter dropped his head with a relieved sigh, closing his eyes. "Yeah, why didn't I think of that?" He wondered to himself as Sam opened his phone, clicking on the bakery's phone number to check if there was any cakes left. When Sam nodded back to Peter, he quietly fist bumped in the air, with a silent "Woohoo!"

An hour later, you swung back to the Compound after Peter left messages, explaining you needed to act "surprised" when you got there. You grinned at Peter as he rushed through into the room you entered in, and he led you in after kissing your cheek softly.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted out, which you glanced back to Peter with a hidden smile as you gasped loudly, waving to everyone and saying thank you. He smiled back to you, "Happy birthday, babe. How come you never said anything?" He quietly asked as the two of you walked through to the kitchen to cut the cake.

"I th-" You were cut off with a gasp escaping from both you and Peter. The oven was on fire, and you both glanced at each other with quickly. Peter ran to the wall, slamming the fire alarm button, making the entire kitchen instantly flood with water.

You were still shocked as you looked back to your boyfriend with a small smile. "Surprise?" He grinned back as shouts from the team exploded behind him. You nodded back to him with a laugh, "I love you." Peter walked back to you, as the water kept sprinkling down from the celling with a laugh.

"Love you too, happy birthday."