34. All the Same - Angst/Fluff

hey there guys! so i thought of this idea when i was looking at all my scars (and i love them) and i decided to write it out into this super fluffy and angsty piece. sending my love to everyone with scars, emotional or physical. those scars make you into warriors, and y'all deserve some love :) dms are open!

Warnings: scars!, cursing, and vulnerable peter One shot - Word Count: 1k

Peter Parker x Reader (established relationship!) Fluff/Angst, happy ending!

He felt like shit today. He woke up this morning with an intense focus on his scars. Yeah, he looked at them every once and a while, but lately the scars seemed to pop out at him more. And that made him really upset. He noticed today the scars and scabs around his hands, and the giant ones around his torso. Pressing his fingers into each and every scar made him feel numb. He didn't even remember getting some of them.

There were even some scars that danced along his face, and when he gazed at them in the mirror, he felt as if they were mocking him. The scars he wore on his limbs felt like they weren't connected to his body. He can't even feel them anymore, but the longer he stared, the more empty he felt.

The feeling of being numb on several parts of his body made him feel numb inside as well. His mind would cruise up thousands of scenarios of how he got every single scar, and with a single touch to them, the thoughts would disappear. It made his days feel limited and empty. But you were there, and the thought of you made him feel slightly better.

You helped him, even if you didn't know what he was facing. He knew he should tell you at some point, but every time he tried to bring it up, the smile on your face would distract him. And yeah, that was good enough for him. If you were happy, he felt a little lighter inside. But today he felt like he needed to get out with it, even if it risked losing you.

The thoughts ran through his head, watching the ground, as you sat next to him. He waved at you and gave a small sad smile, and immediately you knew Peter wasn't feeling good. "Babe, you good?" You questioned, sliding a hand down his back. Peter felt himself shiver in response, and suddenly all his past thoughts of his scars, and every feeling came back.

What would you think about the scars? Would you leave? He was scared, "I need to show you something." He sighed out, now pulling away from your touch. He knew he had to show you for sure now, even if it terrified him. You frowned out of confusion, but nodded back to him.

Peter stood up and with a shaky grip, he pulled his shirt off. Looking down at the scars, he huffed out with false confidence. Each of them rough, or faded felt branded now as he looked back up to you. Your eyes were widened, and your hands flew up to your mouth. "Peter?" You questioned, now gazing at each and every scar. You felt yourself stand and walk towards him.

The scars burned him. You could see it in his expression, the immense pain in his eyes. Your expression was similar. You felt the horror building up in you, as well as the guilt. How could you not know? You ran your hands down his torso, now looking back up to his face, and a tear rolled down.

You pulled him into your arms, now breathing heavy as you calmed yourself down. Peter shifted around for a second, utterly confused and tense at what was happening, but then hugged you back even tighter.

"Babe, when did this happen?" You asked, with your head resting at the side of his neck. Peter breathed in deeply, running a hand through your hair, "I don't remember all of them." He responded, heart beating faster than ever at his confession.

"Is it alright if I touch them?" You murmured, now pulling slightly away to face him. Peter's face held many emotions, ones that brought you to grasp the side of his face. He leaned into your touch with closed eyes, and nodded a yes.

You pulled back completely, lightly tracing them with your fingers. "Can you feel them?" You whispered, now looking back to him as he opened his eyes again. Peter felt his head begin to pound with stronger emotions pushing in a headache. "No, I'm numb." He murmured back, looking into your eyes.

He felt more scared than ever now. He felt like he was displaying the weakest parts and the ugliest of him, and he was thankful that you stayed for now. But the fear of you being disgusted came back, as you pulled your hands away from him.

You tugged him back to the bed and you both sat down, gazing at each other. Your heart was racing as well, watching as Peter began to silently cry as well. You moved closer to him, and laid your head in his lap.

"Peter," You spoke out louder than before, drawing his attention down to your hand again as it drew shapes into his skin on his chest. "I love you," You breathed out, watching as he started to calm himself down. His face displayed the surprise he was feeling, but the happiness finally started to shine. The smile on his face grew as you whispered out once again.

"I love all of you."

At that moment in time, Peter swore he would always love you, as you did with him. He quickly pulled you up, and tugged you in for a hug. Without letting go, he whispered out "I love you" a few times. You pulled back to place a delicate kiss on his lips, and as you pulled back you whispered back,

"Peter, I love you, every single bit of you; all the same."