30. Strong Opinions - Fluff Drabble

Anonymous asked:

Hi can you write something about the reader being insecure about her personality? Bc she suffered a lot in a few years of high school due to her always having a strong opinion in everything, but people made fun of her for a whole year? And Peter being a total sweetheart listening to her talk about it and getting pissed bc people suck?

hi anon! hope you like this one! this can be read as platonic or the start of something that leads into a romantic relationship! thank you for sending this in! feel free to send in any requests you guys want to see!

Peter Parker x Reader (Fluff!) No warnings :) Word Count: 818

You sat on the ground outside the entrance of your next class, taking small bites of your sandwich, hoping class would start soon. It might have seemed a little odd to do that by yourself in college, but you just weren't ready to open yourself up to so many people again after constantly being dragged down for having opinions.

You stuck to yourself. It was hard at first, but after a while you started to feel used to being by yourself. It wasn't exactly upsetting to you now, but you prided yourself for having strong opinions. If someone wanted to hang out with you, they should be accepting of your personality and opinions, not try to bring you down.

You glanced up from your lap when you heard footsteps coming towards you. It was one of your classmates, Peter Parker. You smiled politely to him, making him pause in his steps. "Uh- hi, hello!" Peter greeted you nervously. You grinned back at him, "Hey!"

The two of you went into a small silence for a second, making you chuckle and take another bite out of your sandwich. "Is it alright if I sit here?" Peter asked shyly. You nodded back to him with raised eyebrows, "Yeah you can, you sure though?"

"Yeah, I'm sure, why wouldn't I be?" Peter retorted back with a smile, throwing his bag on the floor and sliding onto the wall, landing with a plop. You glanced towards him with a shrug, "I can talk a lot."

Peter tilted his head back to you, laughing, "Well I could listen a lot." You laughed back at his words, placing your sandwich back in the little bag. You looked him up and down and grinned at his Avengers shirt.

"You like the Avengers?" You questioned, lightly pointing down to his t-shirt. He glanced down at it and looked back towards you, "Yeah, they're great, aren't they?" Peter responded smiling. He wanted to talk to you since the first day of class started, but he was too shy to. And now he was glad that he finally spoke up and introduced himself to you.

"Sure, but like, pretty sure there's some things they hide from us. Like we don't even know some of their identities? And what would happen if they just turned against the world? Wouldn't that be messed up?" You rambled back animatedly. Peter blinked back at your words, considering your view.

"Huh, that's really interesting actually- about the thing about turning against the world. But like, I get why they hide their identities and stuff." Peter responded after a moment. He never thought about his teammates in that perspective, except for the time Tony recruited him in the fight in Germany. You grinned back to him, surprised he didn't just leave.

"Wait are you being sarcastic with me or something? Like or are you actually respecting me?" You question back, still smiling, and picking up your sandwich again to take another bite. Peter paused again at your words, confused why you felt like that.

"I'm respecting you." He chuckled back, laughing even more when he saw your shocked expression. "Thanks, uh, I'm Y/n, by the way." You introduced yourself, pushing your hand out politely. Peter took it, shaking it while smiling back to you.

"I'm Peter, why are you surprised about me respecting you? If you don't mind me asking." He responded, feeling curiosity build in him.

You sighed out at his question. "Well I sort of have a lot of opinions and I like talking about them, and some people just don't like that." Peter frowned at your explanation, understanding your words. He pulled out a bag of chips and opened them up, offering you some.

You grinned at his action, grabbing some chips and continuing, "High school was sort of shitty, people are stupid when they can't consider others' views." Peter nodded at your statement, still frowning at what you were insinuating, of how you were maybe bullied or teased. "Well, ever since class started, I just noticed how clever you are, especially in debates. It's really impressive and people that can't take that are idiots." Peter responded softly.

You smiled at his reply, finding it sweet. "Thanks Peter." You laughed out, making Peter grin and shake his head back to you, "Yeah, it's just you seem like a great person and people are dumb for trying to stop you from supporting yourself."

You lightly blushed at his words and Peter smiled again, "Can I have your number?" His voice stuttered out, feeling nervous at asking you. You nodded quickly; happy you found a new friend. The two of you were interrupted as the professor opened the door, letting the two of you in the classroom.

"Let's talk again after class!" You called out to Peter, walking to your seat and smiling, thinking that maybe college wouldn't be just like high school.