32. Promises - Angst with Happy Ending ft. Steve Rogers

Anonymous asked:

A peter parker x reader where even steve is interested in her? Possible setting is the Avengers compound? ending however you like it.

author's note: woahhh okay i actually love this! so with this one shot i loveeee that steve was there for reader and everything, and how tony was there for peter ahah! but one of the things i want to add in this note is that i wanted to highlight a bigggg part of relationships i see that have problems: communication! all relationships can have this problem (even with romantic/platonic ones) and each relationship expressed in this one shot shows a type of issue with communication :) the main one being Peter x Reader!

anyways i really hope y'all like this! Peter and Reader ages suppose to be ranging in their twenties because of how long their relationship has been. setting is avenger's compound and reader's apartmen

Peter Parker x Reader, Steve Rogers x Reader (featuring Tony Stark) (Angst! Some fluff!)

Word Count: 2.7k
Warnings: ANGST with slight happy ending, Stevie being a tiny little bit strange, very small piece on smut (not described), and cursing

thank you for sending in a request :))

"Peter, if you can't talk to me about things, how am I supposed to know what to say?" You question, fighting off the urge to cry. Peter stood off to the side, closing himself away from you, almost like he didn't even want to see you.

"You should just leave. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I don't want to see you anymore." Peter murmured back, voice cracking, and your expression dropped completely. Why was he fighting you off, and keeping you away? The two of you have been together since high school, and you thought he trusted you, cared about you.

But what now? He just didn't even want to look your way anymore. You really didn't want to give up, but your stomach had felt like it dropped to the ground, and you couldn't hold a steady breath. You gave him one last look, before you let your tears slipped, and you turned away.

"Fuck you, Peter." You whisper, walking off, and swiping away at your face, trying to get rid of the tears. You didn't even have a ride back to your apartment. Your car broke down last week, and you took an uber here, and now your phone was dead.

Everything was going to shit. You tried not to think about anything at all. Tried to dissociate yourself away from this situation, switch your emotions off, but it hurt too much. Peter Parker was your longtime boyfriend and best friend. You thought you were going to marry him...

The two of you were even looking to move in together, and then it all went bad once he started going on more missions. It started off with him being gone for days, and then weeks, and then months and you were lucky to get a text from him. You thought he was going to come back to you like everything was normal, but of course it wasn't.

It really did hurt you. You started walking to one of the more discreet exits in the Compound, just to avoid everyone. You had no idea how you were going to get home though. Pulling your hood up, you lower your head to hide your tears, and start speed walking, almost even running away.

"Hey!" Steve called out from behind you. You turned around slowly, coughing from the pain in your throat from crying. Steve didn't realize you would be here today; he would have greeted you. His crush for you was apparent to everyone but you though, and that was all okay to him since you were dating Peter.

"Uh, hey Steve." You greeted back, but your voice was breaking, and a few more tears slipped through. Steve gasped when he saw you, and walked closer to you, "What happened?" He asked softly, pulling you into a hug.