62. Spongebob Paint - Fluff drabble

A Peter Parker blurb for y'all :) hope you enjoy! 

Peter Parker x Reader [Established Relationship/Fluff] Word Count: 800 Warnings: mention of future pregnancy for Reader

Redoing the office space in the new apartment you two rented out was much needed. Today, you and Peter decided to work on painting the room after picking up the paint from the store. It was a pearly tone and you laughed at the name again when Peter held it up in front of you.

"Stop, you might drop some on the floor!" You laughed out, and Peter shook his head, giggles pouring out as he reread the name again.

"It's called the bubbles of Bikini Bottom!" He spoke out loud, now gripping onto his stomach as more laughs came out. You two could barely stop laughing at the name. It was a little dumb but a cute name for a paint. Once you two quieted down a bit, Peter set the paint can down on the floor.

"When we have a daughter, I vote calling her Sandy or Pearl! From Spongebob." Peter suggested, glancing over to you with a sweet smile. You paused, eyes widening at what he just said. It was something you didn't realize that Peter had thought about, but now you knew he was so sure about it, that it made you want to cry happily.

"When?" You mumbled back, still a bit surprised and shocked in a way you would be when you'd hear good news. It was so sweet of the way he said it as well. Like you two were going to have a daughter for sure, no doubt about it.

Peter's face dipped into morbid shock, and he shook his head frantically, "I'm so sorry. Uh, if - and you know, like if you want to talk about having kids and getting married or not, we can anytime." His ramble was full of his nervous emotion, and you almost pouted at him.

"I guess we probably should have talked about it way sooner..." You trailed off with a short nod before adding, "I like Pearl for a name. Maybe a middle name." It was quiet once you finished up, and Peter's eyes never left your face.

"Yeah, me too." The agreement in his tone made you smile even more as you handed him one of the brushes. He held onto the other end of the brush but didn't pull it away. Instead, he leaned closer to you and pressed a soft kiss onto your cheek.

"I was so nervous. I should have asked you sooner about what you want in your life." He admitted quietly as he pulled away.

"I should've asked as well, I kind of just kept waiting for the right time." You responded, shrugging as you looked at the wall. Then you glanced over to him with a grin, "But seriously, when we have a daughter, we should paint her bedroom with this and then," You paused and laughed a little, "Like the accent wall can be right there," You pointed out something on the wall.

"And it can be like a darker shade? Or maybe just a completely different color and oh! She would probably like a bunk bed, or have you seen those beds with the slides? That would be great!" You continued to get more excited as you started to envision it all and Peter's smile was bigger than ever before.

"Maybe we can have a desk in that corner and then have like those hanging shelves with her favorite old childhood toys when she's older." He agreed and continued on, and you laughed happily and pulled him into a hug.

"When she moves out and gets a job or maybe go to college, we could bring in that arcade machine you always wanted! Remember? You looked it up once a while ago, it's not a Pac Man machine... was it a pinball one?" You asked and Peter just hugged you as tight as he could. He couldn't believe how far you two have been thinking of life together and somehow never spoke about it.

And the fact you brought up the arcade machine – that was something he's wanted since he was a kid. It was so overwhelming that his eyes started to tear up and you quieted down and pulled him back into a hug.

"What's going on?" You whispered to him, but he shook his head and smiled.

"I just really love you so much." He mumbled into your shoulder, and you rubbed his back to comfort him a bit more, "I love you too." You whispered and somehow those words made him cry even more, happily.

"Aw, Pete," You paused as he interrupted your sentence with a kiss to your cheek.

"I know now that you love me the way I love you." He sighed, wiping away at some of his tears and you laughed softly, agreeing with him. He pouted in a silly way and tears started to flow down again and you frowned towards him, shaking your head.

"Peter, honey, why are you crying?" Your question made him laugh a bit and then cry some more.

"Because I know our lives are going to be good together." He replied quietly. You smiled at the words, nodding to him.

"Aw, yeah we'll live good lives and raise a happy family."