29. Figure this out - Angst Drabble

Anonymous asked:

Would you take a request about the reader talking to Peter about the domestic violence she witnessed at home?

hi anon! hope you enjoy this one! gonna be honest this was sad to write, but thank you for sending this one in! feel free to send in any requests you guys want to see! (please read the warnings!!) Do NOT read if you are uncomfortable with this subject, thank you

Peter Parker x Reader (Angst!)

Warnings: mentions of domestic violence, drinking, anger, and money issues
Word Count: 889

You were quiet today at training, which bothered Peter. The two of you usually spoke about random things but today you weren't talking as much. He pulled you aside when training was over, to check if you were alright.

"Hey, you okay? You were kind of spacing out today and not talking?" He asked softly. You blinked back up to him, surprised he even noticed. You were upset about what was happening at home, with your family. The fighting between them got even worse, and your parents dragged your older sister into it, screaming at her for causing the drift between them.

It wasn't fair to any of you, especially your sister. She had finished college a few months ago with a degree in business and hadn't found a job. It was already tight as it was when your dad still had his job, but after a company-wide layoff, he stopped working. Your mom had to take double shifts at her work, and even then, the whole family started to sink into debt.

"Uh, it's nothing babe. Don't worry about it." You responded. You didn't want to pour out all your feelings to Peter because you knew how awkward it could be by doing that. Peter frowned back to you, confused. "No wait, you're upset, what's wrong?" Peter questioned, leaning closer to you and grabbing your hands.

You sniffled a little bit, suddenly feeling the situation hit you hard. You haven't spoken to anyone about, not even your boyfriend and now he's noticing. You knew it was serious, by the way your dad would throw dinner plates on the floor in anger, and how you only saw your mom drinking whenever she was at home. "Pete, I'm scared," You confessed, tears starting to fill your eyes.

Your boyfriend immediately wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug. "What's happening babe?" He asked worriedly and rubbed his hands on your back in circles. Your mouth opened and closed for a few seconds, trying to find the words to say. "We're short on money at home..." You trailed off with a sudden sob.

"And- and, it's really bad. My dad's angry all the time...screams at my sister. Tells her she's a disgrace to the family," You paused again with a loud sniff. "Every time I see my mom, it's like she's not there. When she's sober, it's even worse. My sister cries all the time, and I can't do anything, babe, what do I do?" You cried out, leaning into him even more.

Peter was at a loss of words. He had no idea, and he felt absolutely terrible. "Babe, how long has this been happening?" He asked softly, feeling himself start to cry along with you. He felt like shit he didn't notice, and now that you were telling him, he felt the dread build up in him from the violence you experienced at home.

"About a few months, maybe. What can I do? I don't want my sister to be... I don't want any of them to be in pain. I want us to be happy again." You mumbled back, tears leaking fast as you buried your face into his neck. Peter slipped more tears at your answer, feeling his throat start to hurt from the emotion the two of you were feeling. "Are you safe?" He asked, feeling hesitant to say.

His worry doubled from each word you said, and he wanted to make sure you were okay, that you weren't in danger. You nodded into his neck, "Yes" as he kissed your head. He sighed in relief at your answer, but he still felt scared for you.

He had no idea what to say, he just knew he wanted to help. "Can you, uh, do you want to stay with May and I, with your sister too?" He stuttered out. You froze in his arms at his suggestion. Can you? You weren't sure but it sounded like a haven for you and your sister. It hurt to think about your parents by themselves, but from the arguments between them and your sister, it would be best if they weren't around her.

"Pete, I- thank you, thank you so much. Uh, yes is that okay?" You responded, stammering as well. Peter sighed out again, relieved that you said yes. He hugged you even tighter, kissing your head again. "I'm so sorry babe. I had no idea." He spoke lightly, trying to stop his crying.

You shook your head frantically at that. "Peter; don't apologize. I was hiding it, felt scared. Thank you so much. I can't even- I don't know how to thank you or pay you. How- wait how am I going to pay you and Aunt May? We don't have any money."

Peter pulled away from you slightly, leaning his head down to yours. "I love you and care about you. You can tell me anything, you can tell Aunt May anything, she loves you too. And don't worry about money, I just want you to be safe. I don't want you to get hurt in any way, and we'll figure this out together."

"I love you guys too. Thank you for everything, Pete." You murmured back, stepping on your tip toes, and kissing his lips softly. "And yeah, we'll figure this out together,"