53. Weekends - Angst

Hey there! I hope you enjoy this oneshot :) I started writing this, going to go to a fluffy route and then it got sad and angsty lmao! That's why I'm planning on writing a second part to this! Thank you very much for reading :)

This oneshot is set in the future, and everyone is alive :) The days in this oneshot is just Saturday and Sunday to clear things up!

Peter Parker x Reader (Angst)
Warnings: swear words and kissing
Word Count: 2.2k

Every weekend was put to good use.

This weekend though, you were bored and upset. Peter was supposed to be in the city yesterday, and he sent an apology, explaining that the meeting's been extended out for at least another day. You rolled your eyes at the thought.

You didn't like the idea of Peter following Stark's footsteps, because you knew how much work it would be. All that business, and the Avengers, you didn't really like it.

You've met Stark before, and he gave you a terrible impression. The way he greeted you as if you were just a little fly in his office made you so angry for weeks.

Peter made it one of his priorities to see that you two were to never meet again after you poured coffee onto one of his computers.

The phone buzzed in your hand, and you bit your lip, contemplating if you should answer it since it was Peter. You were still sad he couldn't have just excused himself from the meeting. From what you could tell, it was something about a deal falling apart in Japan, but you knew Stark would probably fix whatever the issue was.

"Yeah?" You answered, rolling your eyes when you heard Peter's automatic apologetic sigh. It was something you loved and disliked at the same time. He was always so... quiet compared to you. You were open, truthful, loud, stubborn, and Peter was a bit of the opposite. You knew he'd hide the truth from you about somethings, but it wasn't really a big concern to you.

"I'm sorry babe, about my message. I think I'll be back by like 10 tonight though. I know we always have like a date night or trip on weekends, but I think I'm too tired for a big thing. Is that alright?" Peter responded, and you could hear people mumbling in the background.

You laid back down into the couch, pushing your lips to the side feeling a little guilty. You didn't like how he had to ask permission or say things to ask you if it was okay to do or not do something. You weren't controlling, but Peter had some vocabulary or grammar that made it sound as if you were.

"Yeah, it's cool, you don't need to ask that Pete. I'm sorry I'm being a bit of a bitch." You responded, twiddling your fingers a bit now after putting the phone on speaker. You were just frustrated, and you knew what you were craving but you needed to push it down if Peter didn't want to do anything tonight.

"You're not. Hey – I actually need to get back, I love you. And if you're too tired, you don't need to stay up or anything when I get back." Peter replied, and you could hear the bit of panic in his voice and the raise of volume of the others in the room. You hummed back to him, picking your phone back up.

"Love you too, see ya." You hung up quick, knowing he needed to sort whatever just happened.

You had the blankets pulled up over your shoulder, facing away from the door when you heard it creek a bit. You rolled over tiredly, yawning, and trying to blink open your eyes. "Hey." You muttered, feeling your throat scratch a bit from the sleepiness.

"Oh, it's okay, go back to sleep." You were quickly shushed by Peter and you giggled a little when you felt him kiss your forehead. You nodded back and closed your eyes, breathing in heavily to start going back to sleep.