14. No Teammate Left Behind - Angst

Anonymous asked:

ok so this is an idea i've had in my head for awhile. the reader is an Avenger, the same age as Peter. for whatever reason they don't like each other, but then maybe she saves him on a mission and gets really badly hurt and goes into a coma and doesn't remember him when she wakes up. if you could write something based off that that would be great, and your writing is beautiful!!

hi sweetie! thank you so much for the kind compliment! and i hope you enjoy this one! thank you so much for sending this in! feel free to send in any requests you guys would like to see! please read the warnings!!

Peter Parker x Reader (Angst!) Enemies-to-strangers!
Warnings: violence, cursing, medical problems, mentions of death, blood, and intense upsetting emotions
Word Count: 2.3k

You rolled your eyes as Peter took a seat across from you. Peter glared at you, "What do you want now?" He questioned harshly, not caring the others were starting to stare. You and Peter have always gotten along just horribly. It started when he accidentally hit you and didn't say sorry; then continuously leading to arguments and insults.

"I just don't want to look at you, Parker. Move it." You demand, making Peter scoff at your mannerism. Steve moved uncomfortably next to you, suddenly wanting to jump out of the plane, like all those other times. Peter opened his mouth to respond, but Sam cut him off, "Hey! No fighting here, you guys can do it some other time. This mission is important." Sam's words moved sense into Peter, calming him down as you shook your head back to Peter, annoyed.

The flight was quiet. It was only twenty minutes, but with Steve and Sam occasionally whispering to each other, it was too long. You kept your head down, keeping to yourself and so did Peter. You had no idea what you were in for. The silence was much more forgiving this time for you, before you knew what would be out there.

When the four of you finally got there, it was so much worse than imagined. When the entrance lifted, showing the extent of the battle, all of you gasped. Debris was flying everywhere; yells and screams tore out over the violent scene. And most importantly, you could see Wanda was already down. Her foot was stuck by a wire, that wrapped around and attached itself to another piece of the wall. You could see the wall moving and shaking, about to collapse and you freaked out.

You immediately ran out, with Peter chasing after you, after spotting Wanda as well. You ran fast and straight, with one mission on your mind, to get her away from that wall. Peter ran after you, knowing you might need backup while lifting Wanda up, from the other machines and soldiers. Steve went his own way, as Sam yelled after everyone, trying to find a way to strategize during the mission. "Wanda!" You screamed, terror hitting you when the large wall fell over her body. Peter yelled out after you, trying to stop you from running straight to Wanda.

You weren't aware of anyone or anything else around you, as you sprinted to Wanda. You were almost there, when you saw the red glow surround the wall that fell atop of her, and you stopped in your tracks, watching as she stumbled back up, sending the fallen wall straight into a group of soldiers.

You sighed in relief, smiling, "Wanda!" You yelled out again, about to run back to her. Peter screamed out in horror as one of the machines leaned over him, pointing the weapons straight into Peter. You turned back in the last second, watching as it powered up and you pushed Peter down quickly. It was a quick decision you knew you had to make. No teammate left behind.

Peter stared back at you in dread, as you huffed out a breath before slightly turning to run away, but it got you. The weapons fired at you, a weird electronic pulse sent into your body, blasting you harshly into the ground. Your body indented into the ground, echoing out across the battlefield. Peter could feel the waves of energy rolling off you and screamed. Smoke covered where your body was, and Peter couldn't see you, as he started to scream your name again.