25. Ice Breaker - Fluff Drabble

Requested by Anonymous 

Peter Parker x Reader (Fluff!) No warnings except for some cursing :) Word Count: 644

You and Peter were sitting at the booth at the new restaurant, on your first date. You were so happy that he asked you out since you two have been crushing on each other for a while now. He was wearing somewhat fancier clothes than normal, in a cute button down and some jeans. You were wearing what you felt most comfortable in since he said to wear "whatever you want". You felt embarrassed that the two of you were wearing slightly different clothing, but other than that it seemed everything was going well.

"So, how are you liking your food?" Peter asked, feeling the first date nerves. You nodded back, "It's great, how's your food?" You cringed internally at your choice of words, knowing it was just small talk, which everyone seems to dislike.

"I really like the French fries! Do you want to try some?" Peter pipped up, holding a French fry in the air to your mouth. You giggle at the floating French fry, and gingerly leaned forward, opening your mouth as Peter popped it in. You took a bite into it, immediately gasping at the burning heat of it in your mouth. You coughed harshly on instinct, and in horror you watch a chunk of the French fry fly onto Peter's face.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry!" You instantly apologize, getting up fast to wipe the fry off his face. Peter laughed, "No, it's all good!" But once you stood over and leaned over the booth to wipe it away, the milkshakes the two of you were drinking, tipped over and onto Peter's shirt and lap.

He looked down in shock at the ice and milk poured on him. He frowned at the feeling and glanced back up to you. Your jaw was slack open in horror at the situation before you. "No..." You whispered to yourself, while looking back at your date.

You didn't even notice you started crying, and when you spoke up, "I'm so sorry, Peter!" He stood up in protest, "Wait no don't cry, it's all alright!" You blinked away a few tears when Peter said you were crying, and you gasped at yourself. You felt horrible, for ruining the date all in a matter of seconds. It was your first date too!

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, how did I manage to fuck up this fast? Pete, really I'm so sorry!" You ramble on, crying while grabbing dozens of napkins from the booth and lightly patting it onto his soiled shirt. Each time you tried wiping up the milkshake, it only smeared even more, causing you to apologize even more.

"Hey, it's all good! Don't apologize, it's not your fault." Peter smiled at you, trying to cheer you up. You tried grinning at him, but another tear slipped, and you wiped it away. Then you noticed the sticky feeling on your face, and you groaned out another "Sorry", noticing the milkshake was now smeared on part of your face.

The waiters and waitresses stared on as this continued to unfold. Peter chuckled a little and stepped closer to you, after placing the money owed onto the sticky table. "That was crazy." He murmured, while taking a hold of your hand. You sniffled a little and nodded, "I'm sorry." You responded again, slower.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize. It was pretty fun, but I don't want the date to end. It was actually a good ice breaker," He paused laughing at his joke, you smiled along. "Did you get it?" He laughed again, making you nod and start laughing along with him. The two of you waved goodbye to the waiters and left.

"Want to go to the thrift store so I can buy a crazy outfit to wear for the rest of this date?" Peter questioned, making you laugh out a quick, "Yes!"