7. Penny for your Thoughts - Angst/Fluff Long

Warnings: swearing, bad boyfriend, manipulation, bullying/rumors, really upset reader, very small description of cheating, and very small vague mention of cheating (please Do NOT Read if you are uncomfortable)
Word Count: 3.3k

You glanced over to Peter, seeing him furrow his eyebrows together as he concentrated on his work in the class. You cleared you throat slightly, making Peter look up back to you with a small smile. You giggled when he made a silly face to you, and you tilted your head back to him, "Pete, you got a little bit of ketchup on your nose." You giggled, pointing at the tip of your nose to show him where.

You had a crush on Peter for so long, and you've been getting mixed signals from him. Sometimes you thought that just maybe, he liked you back for a time. Then other times, you would get the feeling he completely only saw you as a friend. When you saw him talking to Liz and MJ more, you got the idea that it would probably never happen between the two of you. You couldn't push yourself to confess to Peter, thinking it would ruin the beautiful friendship you two created. He's been your best friend for years now, and hiding your feelings wouldn't harm the friendship, is what you thought. You didn't want to hurt him as well, thinking millions of ways your confession would change everything. You loved him so much that you didn't want to do anything to hurt him, in absolutely any way.

When you saw him flirting with Liz, you got the clue to just stop hoping for something that seemed impossible. So, you started to drift away from him slowly. Get rid of your feelings, was your plan, but it felt like you would never stop loving him.

You met your boyfriend now at the field, after bumping into him after he spray painted under the bleachers. You remember thinking, girls like bad boys, right? So, you started hanging out with him more, trying to convert your feelings for Peter, onto him instead. It didn't really work, but it did cause you to drift a little farther away from Peter, and you started hanging out more with Cole, your boyfriend.

You snapped out of your thoughts when Peter slid his hand in front of your line of vision, laughing at you. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked quietly, glancing up to the teacher, and seeing she was distracted. You bit your lip and shook your head back to him, "My thoughts are worth more than just a penny." You retorted, making Peter raise his eyebrows back at you.

"Okay Miss Sassy McMuffin Purple Hat Baloney-" The teacher cut off Peter with a loud scoff directed at the two of you. "No more nicknames or talking. Pay attention." She lectured, making you stifle a giggle back at Peter's shocked reaction. He glanced back at you though, once she turned away and went back to her discussion.

"I would've kept going until you told me what's wrong, I think that's worth more than a penny." You smiled lightly at his words.

Later that day, Cole texted you asking him to meet in the quad, saying it was important. You frowned reading it, and you quickly made your way to the quad, wondering what he meant and what he needed to talk to you for. You sat down on one of the benches, gazing around you to look for him. Peter already left school, and you would've usually gone with him, but you declined his offer because of Cole.

"Hey babe!" You heard from behind you. You turned around and grinned as Cole plopped on the bench next to you. He slid over and put an arm over your shoulders, pulling you in close. "Hey..." You trailed off, furrowing your eyebrows together, confused at why he did that. "What's up? What did you want to talk to me about?" You asked making Cole shake his head back to you, rolling his eyes.

"When are we going to have sex? I promised to use a condom and everything...so I don't get why you're so uptight about it." Cole complained. Your face fell at his rant, and you glanced to him, feeling slightly offended and disgusted. You were a virgin, and this was important to you. It made you feel sick that he didn't seem to care for your feelings about sex.