Ch. 30 - Death Traps

As the mage slowly woke up trapped in the arms of the demon he loved, he couldn't help but notice the growing feeling of his chest tightening. The bond was pulling at the two even as they slept.

The bond was growing restless, it's ever-growing power pulling at the two was becoming a pain. It lets up for a couple days then came back in full force trying to get the two soulmates to connect the bond.

Zekaj acted unbothered by the bond but Hunter knew Zekaj was feeling it too. Hunter knew from their prior conversations that Zekaj didn't want to seem like he was pressuring Hunter. The cards were in Hunter's hand, and he got to pick when to play them.

It seemed that today was the day it chose to come back. Hunter sighed knowing it picked an unfortunate day to come back. It was the 30th of September and the two fated soulmates were going on their second date.

Part of Hunter was ready to connect the bond but the other wasn't. He wasn't sure if he'd even be good at it. He had no experience while Zekaj had tons.

Hunter sighed and rested his hands on Zekaj's hands who were currently holding Hunter tightly against him. The mage smiled at the sight of the gray arms holding him tight.

Sunlight slowly crept through the blinds of the otherwise dark room. Hunter turned in Zekaj's arms and stared at the demon in front of him. This caused a slight growl from the demon and Hunter was pulling in closer and Zekaj's arms were now holding his back.

Zekaj's glowing horns were dimmed and his face was calm. Hunter slowly glided the tips of his fingers along the golden demon marks on Zekaj's skin. Sadly Zekaj would have to hide them for their date as the place was run by mages.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he watched a slight glow appear. Hunter looked up and was looking into the sleepy eyes of Zekaj.

"Good morning Zekey," Hunter whispered, his voice still groggy from the morning.

A small smile appeared on Zekaj's face and his eyes dropped in drowsiness. Hunter knew the perfect way to wake him up.

The mage placed a hand on the demon's cheek and raised his head up to meet the demon's lips and planted a quick kiss. The mage tried to pull back but was followed by the demon's lips who craved more.

Zekaj slipped his hands down Hunter's back in a quick motion and squeezed his butt to get the mage to gasp so he could slip his tongue inside. It worked flawlessly, Hunter still never saw it coming.

Hunter wrinkled his nose in disgust, "Ew, your morning breath Zekaj."

"Don't start what you can't finish Hunter," The demon's voice was deeper than normal due to the early morning. Zekaj quickly pecked Hunter's lips again.

Hunter rolled his eyes and turned in the Demon's arms, who were still planted on his butt. Space appeared between the two that was quickly filled as the demon moved his arms up to Hunter's waist and pulled him close again.

The time was 10am as Hunter checked his phone. His current plan was to head to the main location of the date and get dinner after. The location of their second date was best at night, so they would have to wait a while before they'd head off.

Hunter pulled himself out of Zekaj's arms and got out of bed as the demon groaned.

"Don't leave me," Zekaj pleaded sadly. Hunter felt the tug of the bond as he left Zekaj's arms. He knew Zekaj was feeling it as well.

"Gotta shower dude," Hunter laughed at the demon who was frowning on their bed.

Zekaj turned over in his spot and stretched wide across the bed. Hunter grabbed two outfits from his closet one for each of them and tossed them across the room at Zekaj.