Ch. 21 - Pec Pillows

Hunter's eyes slowly opened and he took in his surroundings. He was laying on top of Zekaj's chest, the pec he wasn't currently using as a pillow was right in his line of sight.

His eyes were directly in line with the gold lines that went along his skin. As well as the demonic runes. They were easy to spot through the chest hair due to the brightness of the hold.

Hunter lifted his hand and traced along the thick main line of his demon marks. They fit nicely along his tan skin.

Hunter tilted his head up and saw Zekaj still had his eyes closed. Hunter went back to snuggling up to Zekaj's hard pec. He didn't know why it was so nice to use as a pillow.

Hunter sat in the comfortable silence, not wanting to wake his demon up from his nap. He knew Zekaj didn't need sleep, but they both needed a moment just to relax. The past 2 days have been a lot for them. And the stress wasn't going to be letting up anytime soon.

They both needed this nap. To put their mind off the difficulty of life. When Zekaj woke up Hunter knew they were going to have to start working on hiding his marks from his parents.

It wasn't something he necessarily wanted to do. But for both of their safety, he knew it was for the best. Mage marks were something one should be proud of. Hunter shouldn't have to be scared of showing his marks or scared of his marks in general.

Zekaj and him had identical marks, except for the human runes that only Hunter had. It was a mystery and frankly, it scared him. Life so far for both of them had been a breeze, except for the time in the school but they both got out of that fine.

The hour or so they had been mates was the last moment of true peace they had. Getting to witness the growth of a bond they didn't even know the limits of yet.

Bonds were a mystery. No bond was the same as another with many differences and similarities to others.

Deep down Hunter could feel the strongness of their bond and its ever-growing hunger for power. Hunter knew it wouldn't be satisfied until Zekaj marked him along his neck.

Demons could physically mark their mates, unlike mages. During the climax of sexual intercourse, Zekaj would be able to bite down on Hunter's neck and seal the bond. Like humans being mated with a wolf, Mage bond marks were more spiritual. Can't be seen but can be felt.

Hunter knew Zekaj badly wanted to mark him. Hunter wanted that as well, but he was scared. He still didn't know if Zekaj was tricking him, deep down he believed Zekaj but there was that little bit of doubt in his mind that held him back.

Hunter needed to research Demons making Humans their vessel.

Hunter knew the tiniest bit of info on them. The demon would replace the human's soul with its own. Then the demon would be able to freely walk the earth. Hunter wasn't sure exactly what would happen with the demon's own body. There was a lot of info he was missing, he just wasn't sure what he was missing.

Hunter felt Zekaj slowly move around as he started to wake up. He tilted his head and at the same time, Zekaj opened his eyes. Both of them lazily smiled at each other.

"Good morning." Zekaj whispered. "Is it still morning?"

"No idea. I've just been enjoying my pillow." Hunter answered, snuggling deeper into Zekaj.

"Is that all I am to you? A pillow?" Zekaj chucked, his voice still a little groggy from waking up. "You better not be calling my muscles soft too."

"We both know you're a lot more than a pillow Zekaj." Hunter chuckled into Zekaj's pec, leaving a kiss.

Zekaj stretched his legs as much as he could with their legs tangled together.