Ch. 69 - Volveth

Hunter just sat there in complete and utter shock. Forming a word, thought, or anything in between was impossible. Volveth himself was just staring at Hunter awkwardly, unsure what to say next if he should say anything at all.

It was only then that he could really get a look at the demonic minotaur. Volveth had both ears pierced with gold hoops in the lobe, helix, and snug. His nose was pierced with a gold hoop as well and a bit of facial hair was on his chin. His demon form was a darker gray compared to the Voidbornes.

Neither would get to make up their mind as suddenly Volveth was grabbed by the neck, raised into the air, and slammed into the bar.

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" Zekaj growled, his enraged form seeping out of his skin as if shadow was dripping right out of him.

The Minotaur gasped for air, trying to pry Zekaj's arms off of his neck.

Jumping out of his seat, Hunter tried to help Volveth, but Zekaj was incredibly strong. Before Hunter could even react Zekaj was throwing Hunter over his shoulder, one hand still wrapped around the Minotaur's throat.

"SPEAK," The enraged Zekaj barked.

"I was just talking to Hunter, I- I didn't mean to freak him out," Volveth gasped.

Hunter kicked Zekaj, trying to be let down. Zekaj wasn't listening, the only thought in his head was that he needed to protect his mate.

"Zekaj, he's telling the truth. Let me down!" Hunter demanded.

Zekaj, listening to his mate, dropped Hunter back onto the stool. The angered demon kept a tight grip on his mate's wrist, not enough to injure.

"Take your hand off of his neck, Zekaj. He can't breathe."

Huffing, Zekaj let go, his eyes drilled holes into the minotaur. Zekaj's whole body was radiating anger, possessiveness, and power. It was overwhelming to anyone else still in the room, many demons had already left. It wasn't like that for Hunter though, it felt warm and protective.

Volveth stood up, breathing deeply, closing his eyes as his minotaur form retreated and he calmed down.

"It was just a false alarm, everyone. Don't freak out." Zekaj said sinisterly to the room. His eyes shooting daggers at Volveth.

Caroline, Aegon, and Zekai dismissed the guests, wishing them safe travels before turning back to Zekaj who still had shadow dripping off him. Telling them that Zekaj was still on the defensive.

"What," Zekaj growled. "Do you want with my mate?"

"I-" Volveth breathed deep. "His father is my chosen mate."

"What?" Zekai said.

"I chose his father to be my mate. He is the one for me."

"How do you know my father?" Hunter asked, rubbing Zekaj's arm gently trying to get him to calm down. The demon wasn't budging though, in his eyes the threat hadn't been dealt with yet.

"It's a long story."

"I have time."

Volveth gulped, looking at the royal family all staring at him. It was a lot considering he had only really met Zekai formerly.

"Maybe we should take this into another room," Caroline suggested.

Caroline motioned for them all to move, leading them to a small chamber with a fireplace and a couple couches. This room was the size of a bedroom and seemed to be a private chamber for tea or something. Hunter had noticed a lot of art seemingly of royal families before Aegon and his family.