Ch. 54 - Fuck the Consequences

Saturday.

Hunter was at his worst.

He dragged along his feet as he followed his father around the institute's convention room. Not that he wanted to, his father insisted he follows along with him.

Hunter just needed one single moment that no one was looking at him so he could sneak off. But every time he was about to leave the convention room of the institute, his father would suddenly be watching him.

The main part of the gathering was already over and now people were just talking and waiting for dinner to start within the hour. Hunter needed to get out of here ASAP and he only had one idea.

Hunter walked up to his father, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Can I go to the library?" Hunter asked, quickly. "This is just, overwhelming."

"Yeah, that's alright with me. I can go with you if you want?" Jaxon suggested.

"No I, uh, wanna be alone for a bit," Hunter stuttered.

"Ok well," Jaxon paused. He felt like something was up, but trusted his son. "I'll text you when dinner starts."

Hunter nodded and headed out of the convention room. That was easier than Hunter thought it would be.

Again, Hunter wasn't lying. He did want to go to the library.

And beat the fuck out of Merlin/Emrys.

Or have a civil talk. Whatever he was in the mood for at the time.

Hunter made a pit stop at his father's car and grabbed the spellbook out from under the back seat. As well as a change of clothes so he wasn't running around Hell in a suit.

Well, if he made it to hell.

In the trunk was a bookbag full of supplies he thought he might need. Including, gloves, another sweatshirt and sweatpants, hand warmers, and food and water. Hunter didn't have enough space for anything else.

Hunter stopped in the bathroom and changed into jeans, a long sleeve shirt, and Zekaj's black sweatshirt. He could put on more layers if he made it to Hell.

Quietly and inconspicuously, Hunter made his way towards the library with Merlin's spellbook rested comfortably strapped to his side.

The halls of the Institute were mostly empty except for the people leaving the convention early or workers staying over late. The library closed in about an hour so hopefully, Emrys/Merlin was still working.

Hunter pushed through the doors and saw Graham was working.

Leaving no time for small talk Hunter spoke up, "Hey, is Emrys in?"

"Good evening Hunter! And no Emrys is out for the week. His mate is sick and the two need to stick together," Graham said.

"That's really," Hunter sighed. "Convenient."

Graham raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything else. Hunter thanked him for the help and was about to leave the library when the librarian spoke up again.

"Emrys did leave me a note to give to you though. I completely forgot about it." Graham shuffled around some papers and said, "I left it lying down somewhere."

Graham picked up a bunch of books and searched through endless paper. Hunter glanced around the endless papers as well hoping for anything that resembled Emrys' handwriting.

Graham suddenly pulled up a sticky note and handed it to Hunter.

"There you go lad," Graham smiled, Hunter smiled back and was about to leave again, when Graham spoke up.