Ch. 11 - Return to the Void

The Edge of Hell, Closest point to the Void

The Castle on the cliff face overlooking the void was a beacon in the darkened skies. The gold flames that lit up the castle illuminated it in the endless nothingness. The cliff itself looked like it was part of the void due to the blackstone it was made out of. The bottom of the cliffs had pieces broken off that were just endlessly floating in the void.

The city on the skirts of the castle was nothing too grand, with every house being as dark as the castle itself, with only gold hellfire illuminating them, as well as the streetlamps, which were filled with the same gold flame as well.

The halls of the castle were illuminated with the golden flames, the walls made out of polished blackstone and with accents of greyer stones and blood red curtains, that appeared black to the casual eye.

A Room that was obviously home to someone with a fascination in killing, was in one of the towers of the castles. Various weapons of all kinds laid all around the room. The room had been obviously cleaned multiple times, but hadn't been lived in for a while.

In the middle of the room, a shadow began to form taking the shape of Zekaj. He glanced around the room quickly, it had been two years since he had stepped foot in this room.

With a flick of his fingers, the torches in his room illuminated and he could examine the room more.

"Great she's not here anymore." Zekaj had begun the process of leaving when the door to his room slammed open.

"ZEKAJ!" The deep voice screamed. Zekaj stopped the process and looked over towards the voice.

"Kai!" He smiled. He ran over to his brother, Zekai, and wrapped him in a bear hug. "It's been too long!"

Zekai looked a lot like Zekaj. The main differences were his lighter grey skin, taller body but slimmer in terms of muscle. He was still bigger than a Human, but not bigger than Zekaj. Other than that, their faces were nearly identical.

"You're crushing me dude."

"Oh, sorry." Zekaj laughed.

Zekai's face instantly turned to one of anger, he pushed Zekaj's shoulder. "Where the hell have you been? We've been worried sick!"

"I've just been on Earth." Zekaj said.

"That explains the outfit," Zekai said. Zekaj was currently wearing a skin tight t-shirt he liked due to the fact that it made his muscles look nice and a pair black jeans. He loved showing off. "But what were you doing on ear-" Just then they were interrupted again as Zekaj's bedroom door was opened again.

In the doorway stood his parents, his mom excited to see him, his dad not so much.

"Zekaj!" His mom screamed at the same time his dad screamed.

"Where the hell have you been?"

Zekaj's parents were both void demons. His father, Aegon, and mother, Caroline were soulmates. His mother's skin was as grey as Zekai's while Zekaj's was more like his father. His mother was around 8 inches shorter than Zekaj and slim. Him and his father met at the same height, making Zekai the tallest in the family. His father was incredibly well built like Zekaj.

Zekaj didn't know who to answer first, his father ended up choosing for him.

"Almost two years of no contact, nothing, not a single note, didn't pop in for a chat! We couldn't even summon you back home!"

"It's a," He paused, should he tell them about Hunter? "Long story."

"Well you will be able to tell it to us over dinner then." His mother said in a hug.