Ch. 75 - Highspeed Hugs

It felt like everything slowed down.

Time was ticking by slower and slower and all Hunter could do was watch as the minotaur lunged at his father. He was frozen in place and couldn't move at all.

Magic filled the tips of his fingers, about to do what? He wasn't sure. But something stopped him, like an itch in the back of his mind telling him it will all be ok.

Suddenly time sped back up and Hunter watched as Volveth wrapped his arms around his father. The impact threw them both to the ground and Volveth's large body was on top of his dad's.

"Ooo that looked like it hurt," Zekaj smiled.

Hunter ran into the room expecting to see the worst. But in fact, what he saw was ok. In a way.

Volveth was speaking complete gibberish but Hunter could hear some sorry's and please forgive me. Volveth was crying all over his father's shirt and Hunter could see that Jaxon had no idea what to do. Not like there was much he could do considering Volveth was a lot bigger than his father.

Zekaj wrapped his arm around Hunter and just looked down at the crying minotaur.

"This is not what I wanted to happen," Zekaj sighed.

"We'll talk about this later," Hunter said, glaring at his mate. Zekaj rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

Jaxon tried to pull himself away but the minotaur's grip only got stronger.

"I'm so," Volveth sobbed, wiping his face on Jaxon's shirt. "Sorry, please forgive me."

"Volveth, calm down," Jaxon patted Volveth's back, which only caused him to sob even harder.

"I'm so sorry Jaxon," Volveth cried into Jaxon's shirt. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Jaxon's breath hitched and he didn't know what to do. He hadn't even noticed that he was rubbing his hands along Volveth's back, trying to soothe the demon.

"Volveth, can you get up? You're crushing me."

The minotaur scurried up and immediately pulled Jaxon back into a tight hug. Jaxon was held in the air a couple inches off the ground as the minotaur was taller than him. His feet dangled up in the air and Jaxon couldn't move his arms still.

"Are you going to let me down?" Jaxon asked, listening to the sobs of Vovleth as he cried into his shoulder. He was going to need to change at this point, his shirt was going to be covered in tears and hopefully not snot.

"Not until you forgive me."

Jaxon laughed in the demon's arms. Volveth had grown since he had last seen him. His height was the same but he was a lot larger than before. His hair had grown out longer.

He couldn't get a good look at the demon's face considering he had really only seen it for like a split second before Volveth was barreling him down.

"I really thought we were about to watch a human get trampled by a minotaur," Caroline breathed in.

Volveth swerved over towards Zekaj's parents with Jaxon still crushed up against him.

"I would never hurt him," Volveth stated.

"You can't blame us for being worried," Aegon said. "Though he shouldn't have been in the situation in the first place."

Aegon glared at Zekaj, and everyone in the room looked at the demon.

"Whatever," Zekaj said. "He had it coming."

Volveth frowned and Hunter just sighed. It wasn't going to be easy for Jaxon to earn either Hunter or Zekaj's forgiveness. Though Zekaj was going to be the one to hold the grudge the longest.