Ch. 5 - Anchor

Hunter - Age 17 - Halloween

Halloween, a popular day in the United States and other parts of the world, especially amongst mages. Halloween was the time of year when the veil between Hell and Earth was at its weakest. Making summoning easier and the occasional loose demon.  When the veil strengthens again, the demons who found their way on earth would fall back to Hell.

Hunter, with Zekaj in his mind, was hiding from all forms of social interaction in the corner of the living room in his house. His parents were throwing a party for the entire coven. Later in the night, they were doing something as a group, Hunter wasn't sure what.

Hunter hated social gatherings, just another time for people to look down on him. Not like they really could look down on him anymore. He was one of the tallest in the coven now standing at 6'4", right up there with Zekaj.  He was even taller than his dad.

"So Hunter How have you been?"  A member of the coven asked.  Her name was Melissa, and she was still on the soulmate hunt considering she was only around 20.

"I'm Fine, You?" Hunter asked.

"I'm doing great, it's nice to see you."  She smiled.

They both sat there in awkward silence for a couple seconds before she spoke again.

"Don't talk much, do you?"

"No." Hunter immediately replied.

"Not to you." Zekaj muttered in his mind.

Melissa laughed at what Hunter said, sly moving her arm up his arm.  Hunter shuddered at the touch.  Melissa smiled.

Melissa leaned up and whispered into his ear, "Well for what I'd like to do, doesn't require much talking."

Hunter's eyes widened at this statement and he swore he audibly heard Zekaj gasp in his head.

"She's flirting with you!" Zekaj screamed in his head.

"Come on, you live here right?  The ritual won't start for a while, we can easily go up to your room for a while." She smirked.

"Hunter. Leave."  Zekaj stated.

"Uhh- I've gotta go."  Hunter quickly darted out of the area of the party and made his way up to his room.

Zekaj immediately left Hunter and started mumbling.  Hunter only picked up some of what he said, that being taking something that was his and a lot of demonic language.  Zekaj was fuming.

"Zekaj, it's alright."  Hunter whispered, putting a soothing hand on his shoulder.

Immediately his glowing eyes met Hunter's, and he immediately calmed down.

"Sorry I-, I don't know what came over me."  His features softened as much as they could in his demon form.

"Let's just chill out in here for a while, ok?" Hunter said.

Zekaj smiled, "I'd like that."

Hunter laid down on his bed, as Zekaj took a seat on a chair.  Keeping an eye on his human.

*****

An hour later, Zekaj had returned to Hunter's shadow, and Hunter was making his way downstairs to ritual.

Hunter for the past couple of months was allowed to partake in rituals.

Hunter's robe was hand-me-down from his father.  It would yet to match his powers, this would happen when he turned eighteen.

Immediately in the basement, he was met with the smell of smoke, that being from candles, and his sister drawing the ritual on the floor.  They were performing the ritual to help banish all demons back to hell, if they weren't currently in contract.