Ch. 55 - Frostbite

"Do you like, wanna hang out?"

"Hang out?"

The whispers in his head caused Hunter to open his eyes. He was unsure how long he had been out.

All he knew was that he was cold, very very cold. And he couldn't see anything at all. The wind was hitting his back hard as he fell through endless nothing.

The sound of wind flooded his ears as he continuously fell.

"Let me explain, please?"

Whispers continued to invade his mind as his vision slowly unblurred. Not like it helped, he still couldn't see anything.

"Hunter I love you so much it hurts..."

"Were soulmates..."

Hunter felt his ears pop as he tried to take in his surroundings. Nothing, just like before.

The whispers began to overlap each other and became even more unintelligible.

"You went an hour without being super horny, that's growth Z-..."

"Just gotta make sure they know we're claimed,"

"You know when the veil thins..."

"We had amazing sex, from Z..."

"Welcome to the void, Hunter."

Hunter's eyes widened as the whisper became clear as day.

Before he had time to react, the air dropped in temperature and his back slammed into rocks.

Trying to grip onto anything, Hunter felt his hand scrape against the rocks. Breaking through his clothes, Hunter felt the cold air pierce his skin as an uncertain amount of wounds opened up.

Hunter continued rolling until he felt his back slam into something hard.

After coming to an abrupt stop, Hunter opened his eyes and saw,

Nothing.

His ears were flooded by what sounded like an earthquake that only just then seemed like it was coming to an end.

Hunter rubbed his eyes and reopened them and this time, he could make out the darkened portal right as it closed.

The sharp pain coming from his leg didn't go away and as Hunter brought his hand down to it, he could feel the warm blood coming from the open wound as it slowly dropped in temperature due to the cold.

God's he was cold. Hunter could feel the frost covering his bare skin, it was slowly traveling up his arms as most of his hands had been overtaken.

Hunter willed for fire to enlighten in his hand, and as it sparked it immediately became snuffed by the cold temps.

Fuck Hunter needed hellfire and he couldn't remember how Zekaj said to summon it.

Hunter took a guess and said, "Ignanis."

The pale gold flame lit in his hand and his surroundings became lit up.

The area around him became visible and he now understood what Zekaj meant with shiny rocks.

Spikes littered the area around the tiny clearing. The rocks he had tumbled over to were sharp and jagged. They were what ripped parts of his clothing. Hellfire had caused most of them to glisten in the light. So they were kind of shiny like Zekaj had said.

Hunter willed the little orb of fire to stay in place as he took off his book bag and opened it.

Putting on more layers of clothing, Hunter still could feel the cold piercing it's way through the extra layers, only it was a little more bearable.