Ch. 67 - Out in the Open

Hunter could get used to this.

After being woken up by his demon mate and gently lifted up and placed in a soothing hot spring illuminated by the stalactites. It was incredible.

Sure his ass hurt, but the comfort of cuddling up with his mate in this pool was well worth it.

Zekaj was pecking him with kisses the whole time and sensual hand holding with cuddles.

The dark, anxiety-ridden, thoughts were nowhere to be seen as they basked in each other's afterglow presence.

Zekaj was radiating content with a hint of possessiveness as the events of last night went unsaid. With the mind link back and their emotions being on display for both to feel, the demon could tell Hunter was feeling a bit embarrassed.

Today's events were going to be hard for both of them. Mostly for Hunter, Zekaj knew that it would take its toll on him.

He wasn't used to all eyes being on him like Zekaj and his family were. It was an everything day for them, being the royal family of the void. He's been in the public eye since they were born.

After a bit more fun in the tub, the two got dressed and Zekaj possessively held Hunter's hand as they walked up the stairs. The pain from the night prior and fun morning events had been soothed luckily by the healing pools.

If it was up to either of the two soulmates, they would've immediately headed to their room and cuddled for the rest of the day. But as they entered the rest of the castle, Hunter was shocked to see Zekai waiting for them.

"Gods, you guys took forever," Zekai rolled his eyes.

His brother rolled his eyes back at him and just glared saying, "Whatever."

"You need to come see the crowd that's gathered," Zekai said.

"Crowd?" Hunter questioned.

"Yep, they all wanna see who could've gotten Zekaj to settle down," Kai laughed to himself.

"Fuck off," Zekaj growled.

Zekai, again, rolled his eyes.

"And they want to see if there is actually a human here in the depths of Hell," Zekai nonchalantly mentioned, shrugging to himself.

The group kept walking down the halls of the castle, Zekai leading the way.

Surely the people of Hell weren't just coming to see him, Hunter thought. But then again he was, probably, human and was, probably, the first human to ever be in Hell.

Hunter just really didn't want all of the attention.

"Dad wants to take us all out in the carriage to let people see Hunter," Zekai stated.

"No, not happening." Zekaj shut the idea down.

"So do you want the crowd to sit out there for weeks just to see the human?" Zekai asked.

"He has a point," Hunter whispered, squeezing Kaj's hand. "Get it over with, ya know?"

Zekaj squeezed his hand back, a way of agreeing with his mate.

"Dad wants to go out after lunch, if you're ok with that."

Looking over at Hunter, Zekaj nodded that he was ok with it and before Hunter could say anything Zekaj spoke up.

"Fine," Zekaj said.

"You need to work on letting your thoughts run wild," Zekaj mentioned through the mind link.

"Or don't. I like to hear them," Zekaj looked at Hunter, smiling before looking forward again.

When the group entered the dining room that Zekai led them to, it was notably empty.