Ch. 20 - A Little Lie

Hunter stood in the shower trying to wrap his head around the events from this morning and the day before. It was a lot for him to take in all at once.

Zekaj was his soulmate. A demon, he loved a lot, was his soulmate.

His marks were gold, which is normal for a demon but not for a demon, and had demon runes and a bunch of the human ones.

Hunter dragged his hands down his face, none of this was possible. But the evidence was there, his relationship with Zekaj was impossible. His marks were impossible.

Hunter turned off the shower and quickly dried off. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he got a good look at all the markings along his arms and parts of his chest. Hunter thought the gold marks didn't fit on his pale skin. The gold looked a lot better on Zekaj's Human forms tan skin as well as his demon grey skin.

Hunter quickly brushed his teeth and brushed his hair flat down. The thought of going to school made Hunter worried. He had no idea what to do. Hopefully, Zekaj had a plan cause he had nothing.

Hunter went to change and quickly realized he had left his clothes in the room. He slipped out of the bathroom, the cold air in the house hitting him quickly making him shiver. Hunter quickly got into his room, still holding his towel up. 

His eyes immediately met Zekaj's human ones for the first time since they learned they were soulmates. The normally non-glowing eyes of Zekaj's human form flickered as he took in Hunter's almost-naked form.

Zekaj started biting his lip trying to suppress the arousal he was feeling. He started to understand why Hunter saw him as being obnoxiously horny.

"Forgot my clothes uh, I'm gonna change in my closet." Hunter pointed back towards his closet.

"Yeah p-probably for the b-best." Zekaj stumbled over his words, suppressing himself was hard. His eyes were glowing incredibly bright as he watched Hunter slip into his closet and change.

Zekaj truthfully couldn't wait for them to be more comfortable around each other naked. Frankly, he would be naked right now if Hunter was comfortable with it. But he didn't want to push him, he was taking this at Hunter's pace and was comfortable doing so.

Hunter's phone started ringing and Zekaj darted for it, wanting to know who it was. Hunter's dad was on the other side. Hunter walked out of the closet with only a pair of jeans on.

"It's your dad!" Zekaj said, tossing the phone to Hunter.

Hunter panicked, answering the phone.

"Hey, dad." He tried his best to hide the awkwardness.

"I was just calling to check up on you. Didn't want to wake you, figured you'd be up for school now."

"Yeah just finished showering," Hunter said, he was still upset with his parents from the day prior.

"Well, I wanted to ask about your marks." His father said.

"My marks?" Hunter repeated, his eyes finding Zekaj's. Both had panic written all over their face.

Hunter immediately stretched his hand towards Zekaj who got the hint. Zekaj's body turned to shadows and he slipped into Hunter's body.

"Yeah what were you marked in?" His father clarified.

"What the fuck do I say?" Hunter asked Zekaj who was in his mind. Hunter's father wouldn't be able to hear Zekaj this way.

"Well. I've been thinking, them learning you have gold markings is dangerous."  Zekaj said. "It might be best to just lie for now until we get this all figured out. Continue hiding from them until we're safe."