Ch. 6 - Enraged

Hunter - Age 17 - Early Spring

"I would like to leave." Zekaj said in his head.

"School is almost over dude, just wait." Hunter replied in his head, writing the number twenty-three in his work. The class was doing practice problems by themselves, except for Hunter of course.

"It's twenty-seven." Zekaj corrected him. Zekaj was pretty smart and has corrected Hunter's homework multiple times, it wasn't like he had anything better to do. Hunter never considered it cheating, he was just using his resources.

"Thanks," he said to Zekaj. His grades had skyrocketed with the help of Zekaj over the years. That was only an added bonus though.

Just then the bell signaling the end of the school day had rung and students began packing up their stuff. Hunter put his homework into his binder and neatly stacked everything else on top of it. As everyone got up to leave, the teacher spoke.

"Have that assignment done next week and don't forget we have a quiz next tuesday!" Kids began filing out of the classroom, as she spoke again hoping to gain at least someone's attention. "Have a great weekend!"

Hunter stood idly by at his desk waiting for the mob of kids to leave the room. They all were excited for the weekend. Hunter wasn't as much, all he was going to do was sit around in his room with Zekaj. Maybe they'd think of something else to do.

"Movies?" Zekaj asked. "I can't think of anything else."

"On Netflix or in a theater?" Hunter replied.

"Check Netflix fir-" Zekaj paused when they both noticed his teacher was leaning to the side of her desk and looking at him in the corner of his vision.

"Hunter are you alright?" She asked. Hunter didn't realize he was just standing there, staring blankly at the door. Everyone had left the classroom except her and him.

"Uh um, yeah, Mrs. Smith. Spaced out." He laughed, awkwardly rubbing the side of his neck. "Have a great weekend!"

"You too, Hunter." She replied as he made his way out of the classroom. He only needed to stop at his locker and grab his bookbag and drive home. He had the car for the day since his sister was hanging out with some of her friends after school.

The hallway was empty due to everyone rushing to leave. He got to his dark blue locker and unlocked it. It was empty besides his bookbag, the occasional loose paper and a water bottle. He stuffed everything back in his book bag, grabbing his keys from the side pocket.

He was sad to admit that he had many awkward moments like that since Zekaj has been in his mind. He always found himself staring off into space, talking to Zekaj. Like right now.

"Oh Hunter!" He heard AJ speak behind him in a singsong voice. Hunter turned around and saw him with his betas.

"The 3 Musketeers..." Zekaj mumbled.

"What do you want AJ?" Hunter asked, turning to look at him, bored. "I don't have time for this." Over the past couple of months, Hunter had gotten taller than AJ.

His main beta, Max, was at Hunter's height of around 6'5". Betas in general were bigger than some alphas, since their job was to protect their alpha. Alphas had the power to lead a pack, as well as their commanding tones that betas lacked.

His other Beta, Tess, was smaller than her alpha. One beta usually was trained in brute force, Max, while the other relied more on speed, Tess.

AJ had never brought his betas with him to fight. He probably did now because Hunter had been putting up a fight, even winning some fights. Hunter hadn't done as much as he could've to AJ, he was scared of hurting AJ too much or giving away the fact that Zekaj was with him.