Ch. 1 - Hunter

Welcome to my story! I'm very excited to introduce you to these characters and their story! Please comment, share and vote if you'd like! If you notice any mistakes I made (and didn't notice through my constant editing) please comment on them and I'll fix them ASAP! :)

Enjoy!

-MEK

Part 1 - Living with a Demon

Hunter - Age 15, Going on 16

"Mom, where is everyone going?" Hunter asked his mother.  He watched as members of their coven went down the hall of their home.  There had to be 15 to 20 people in his home.

"Just to the basement really quick Hunter,  go to your room until we're done," His mother stated.

"Can I come?" He asked. "Hannah gets to go with you, why can't I?" Hannah was Hunter's older sister who was 17.  In his parent's eyes, Hannah was everything they asked for in a child.  Wickedly talented with magic and obedient.  Hunter, in their eyes, was none of these things.  Hunter wished for the attention she got from their parents.

"You can when you're older." His father said.  Hunter knew this was unfair, his sister got to be a part of rituals when she was 15, why couldn't he?

Hunter knew if he continued to pester them they would send him to his room without dinner or even worse his Wii would be taken away.

"Can you at least tell me what ritual you're doing?" he asked quietly.

Both of his parents looked at each other, not sure if they wanted to start the talk about demons, how dangerous they were, and why you should never summon them.  Both decided it'd be best to lie, for now.

"We're.... er.... summoning a friend." His mother stated. 

Hunter's eyes widened.  A friend was exactly what Hunter wanted.  In school most people saw him as the lame brother of Hannah since she was extremely popular amongst other students.  Their school was filled with humans,, wolves and other members of their coven.  Though the regular humans had no idea of their existence.

"I wanna summon a friend!" Hunter beamed.

"You can when you're older." His parents stated.

His sister smirked at him as she passed him, making her way to the basement.  Her maroon mage cloak with bronze accents, on her back, covering her head.

Mages, when they are the age of 18, are blessed with markings (tattoos) on their upper body showing what kind of power that the mage specialized in.  His mom had runes of life, healing being her specialty.  His father had markings of lightning, specializing in destruction and the summoning of lightning.  Usually around Hunter's age you would start to get an idea of what you would end up specializing in, but nothing was calling out to him.  His sister was already excelling in healing, following in the footsteps of her mother.

"Now, go to your room." His father ushered him to the stairs.  Doing as he was told, he headed up the stairs to his room.

Jaxon and Olivia, his parents, put their hoods up and headed downstairs where everyone was getting ready.

"We're sorry for the wait, today we will be summoning a lord of demons, we will show the nearby coven trying to claim part of our land just exactly what we're made of." Jaxon said to the members.

Hannah was just finishing writing the summoning circle on the ground with pearlstone chalk.  It was like regular ritual chalk but more powerful, its power would help in the summoning of the demon lord.